Anime Anime Anime!

If you want to talk about your personal paperweight, you've found the right place!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Anime Anime Anime!

Postby Darksurf » Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:46

I like action animes, but I have a problem with many of them having 'plot armor' . They are in a difficult situation, no way out, and somehow (unexplainable) they get out of trouble alive. This is due to 'plot armor' the plot protects them due to the story needing that person to continue the plot or story.

Yes, you get a lot of excitement quickly but eventually, you will become numb to that effect if it happens too often. Then the story becomes boring to the people its supposed to entertain.

I'm not saying the ones you have listed have plot armor, 'cause I haven't seem some of them, although, Naruto has some plot armor, but thankfully its not over used, keeping the story fresh, unlike many I have seen.
~ Y </0 5+Up1</ P30p[Ez +Ry 2 R34</ D1s? ~
Old Dear Hen

Postby Dragons Tooth » Sun Nov 25, 2007 18:04

Well, in many animes there is a character that is needed to move on the plot, but on the other hand some production shock us when main hero dies in the middle of the story. Personally I prefer when main hero is alive but his friends or relatives are dying, I'm always wondering how he will react on their death :wink:
"After eating jackal's corpse you are mortally poisoned. You die at level 5 of dungeon"
<gasp> Not again! ;]
Dragons Tooth
Young Hen

Postby RedSoda » Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:40

I too am an anime aficionado, of both the dark and the comedy types. :)
Berserk (My favorite one of all. Both the show and the Manga.)
Gundam (8th MS Team was always my favorite, though.)
Gokusen (Lower animation quality, but I find it to be hilarious.) It's about a karate-mobster-chick who becomes a teacher at an all-boys school.
Baby Hen

Postby Ratchet4620 » Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:49

my favs:

1. Digimon Tamers (Season3)
2. Ereaka 7
3. GIS (all of them)
4. Digimon Adventure (seasons 1 & 2)
5. Inyasha

Baby Hen

Return to Off Topic