Anime Anime Anime!

If you want to talk about your personal paperweight, you've found the right place!

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Darksurf » Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:12

OMG!!! I just finished watching Fate Stay Night, and it IS the best anime I've ever seen hands down!!! The ending upset me quite a bit, I almost cried like a little girl, but I'm not going to spoil it for anyone. The ending comes off as a happy ending, but I'll let U be the judge of that.

All I could think at the end was "PLEASE , OH GOD, PLEASE!! DON'T LET THIS BE THE ENDING!!!" I wanted more. The series has a complete feeling to it, but I just couldn't stand to watch the masterpiece end. Nor could I stand how it ended. Such a masterpiece!!! It brings back all the feelings of when I was a kid and just began to like anime!! Suspense, drama, action, romance, I didn't want it to stop!! It was like I was watching an anime for the very first time all over again. This anime grasped my emotions and wouldn't let go. I highly suggest this anime. I still don't see how it could be considered hentai.... Maybe only the games are considered hentai??

It brings back memories.... I didn't have a very stable childhood, and was a very pathetic child. I hated the world and it hated me.. All I did to stay half way sane was read manga and watch anime. Although, my parents said it was stupid and I should get a life. They never approved of many of the things I did. They were part of the problem. As long as I lived in my imaginary world of heroes, and those who do good for others I was happy. Where I was, there were no such things as heroes, or those who give kindness out of their hearts to others. Welcome to the stuck up USA. People get shot in the streets and nobody rushes to help them. They just think of themselves and think "oh, somebody else will help them". When I was a child, this whole world made me sick! People with stupid excuses like "life isn't fair". So what, the best you could do is try to make it fair, instead of causing another nothing but pain and suffering.

Anyway, back on track and away from my rantings of my past, I highly recommend this anime and give it a 10/10 !!!! For those of you who haven't seen it, I suggest you download it, and check it out!

NOTE: The shot in the streets thing actually did happen if you are curious. No lies, no tall tales here. Many people of my country are sick! Its sad to see what the USA is coming to. Don't get me wrong, we're not all bad. Its like that anywhere else you go, some good, some bad. But I must say, that doesn't make it right, and I've always since then been ashamed of people and could never consider them part of my country. A woman shot in the streets, dying and asking people for help. They ignored her and left her to die. Thats why I've always been so disgusted with the world. Too many people are like that now.
~ Y </0 5+Up1</ P30p[Ez +Ry 2 R34</ D1s? ~
Darksurf
Old Dear Hen

Postby Death Dream » Wed Aug 01, 2007 15:41

I like Death Note, I think its the best I have watched out of anime so far (Only watch like 5 series of anime).

I use to like BLEACH but so many filler eps are making me not like it as much.

I'm currently watching Black Lagoon or something with a friend of mine and its not horrible, yet.

~Death Dream~
Death Dream
Simple Hen

Re: Anime Anime Anime!

Postby Gigadelic IIDX » Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:53

i couldnt get the feel for Death Note

u know i wish Air Gears didnt end the way it did that pissed me off
Gigadelic IIDX
Simple Hen

Postby Gigadelic IIDX » Fri Oct 19, 2007 17:49

im ordering Wangan Midnight
http://www.amazon.com/Vol-1-Wangan-Midn ... 373&sr=8-1

the games are badass as well the OST's to the games its kinda like Inital D
Gigadelic IIDX
Simple Hen

Postby Darksurf » Mon Oct 29, 2007 23:07

I'm not much the racing fan myself. Although, I must say this game does look interesting. I'm more of the RPG person. I like a good story line to my games and I like being the main character and making the main character's decisions. It lets me feel like I'm in the "driver's seat".
Darksurf
Old Dear Hen

Postby SpawN » Mon Nov 12, 2007 19:36

DBZ RuLLz :D:D:D:D

SpawN
Baby Hen

Postby Darksurf » Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:31

yeah, the DragonBall series were good, but waaaay too long. DragonBall original/Z/GT . But to tell you the truth, I prefer the traditional 24 episode animes.
Darksurf
Old Dear Hen

Postby SpawN » Sun Nov 18, 2007 14:23

Yeah...that's true

SpawN
Baby Hen

Postby Darksurf » Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:21

Onegai twins is a good anime!!! Comedy Romance.... ahh, doesn't get much better! My favorite genre! I highly suggest this if you think you need a few laughs. You'll get caught up in it all the way to the end.

Do not like paradise kiss, hate it, didn't even finish it. Horrible drawing, definitely old shoujo style. I couldn't stand to go past the 3rd episode. The drawing alone was making my stomach queezy.

Ai yori Aoshi, Its OK, not a good feeling to the ending. Doesn't feel complete if you ask me. I plan on watching Ai yori Aoshi Enshi, its supposed to be the 'second' season from what I understand.

Hand Maid May - very good, cute anime. I suggest it for anyone who likes funny animes with clueless geeks whos 'nice guy' personality gets them into trouble.

Zero no Tsukaima - freakin' hilarious!! I don't know whether to feel bad for the guy or not. Anybody like harry potter? If yes, great this anime with magic wizards and witches may be right up your ally, if no, thats OK. This isn't a bad anime, nor is it a story similar to harry potter, so no worries. You'll like it garunteed.

Lucky star - whats the point??? ....what?? ....there is none? oh. I see. If you like animes about 'life' in general that are funny, but carry no point, then this anime was probably intended for you. All about Girls, highschool, anime geeks, clueless cuties, and their everyday life. You may learn something. Girls aren't so different after all.... well some. :wink:

Candidate for goddess- Where is the freakin' ending?! What kind of anime is this?! gets you all hyped up and drops you? Don't suggest it. Mecha/gundam style anime. People training to be pilots for the 'goddesses' which are basically girly looking gundams. If you want a GOOD anime with girly looking gundams/mechas watch Dual!, an anime about a parallel universe. Dual! is awesome.

Final Approach - funny, cute, sad, romantic, persistant! This was a great anime. I suggest it for the people who have problems with a girl that tries too hard. This may make you look at her and the world in a different light. Just because shes forceful, likes you waaaaay to much, and you don't know her doesn't mean she isn't the woman of your dreams. :wink:

School Days - *WARNING* this is not an anime for children!!! For mature audiences only, this isn't hentai, but it is about adult like relationships. I wish I had never watched IT!!!! It really makes me feel bad! Many girls like one guy, they all do 'things' with this one guy (who is a bit of a nice guy, but is a jerk and completely stupid!!!) The real conflict is between two girls and the others all let go, but its waaaay to sad for me. This is kinda like the soap opera series you see on TV, I hate soaps!! I'm warning you, you watch the first few episodes and you'll be hooked wanting to know what happens next or you won't be able to sleep(which is why this post was added), I'm trying to get it out of my head!! I'm waiting on the last episode to be fansubbed. greatest suggestion for you is *DO NOT WATCH IT!!!*
Darksurf
Old Dear Hen

Postby Dragons Tooth » Sat Nov 24, 2007 15:50

Hi all!

Glad to see so many anime fans on SL forum :wink: But going to the point:
My favorite genre is action anime. I love when there is a lot of action with a good plot but sometimes I like when there is some romantic moments ;) In my opinion perfect anime is one which gathers action, fantastic plot and a little romance.
Here are some worth watching:

Saint Seiya (or Knights of Zodiac)- It is a story about knights who are wearing powerful armors. Because of armor they have unnatural strength and powers. Original plot, good action and moving scenes. In Japanese original there is great soundtrack. For music I give 4/5, plot 3.5/5, action 4/5

The Cockpit: Kamikaze Stories by Leiji Matsumoto- Anime about kamikaze pilot. The time of the plot is last days of World War II. Young captain Nogami is being carried in his Ohka- suicideplane by heavy bomber Mitsubishi G4M. He is determinate to sink one of enemy's ships. Very moving story and good action. For music I give 3/5, plot 4.5/5, action 4/5

"Naruto" and "Naruto Shippuuden"- An epic anime about Ninja's (Shinobi) live. The main character is Naruto, 12 (then 17) years old Ninja adept. Naruto never knew his parents, he was born with the curse of nine-tail fox and the whole village hated him for that. After some time Naruto managed to make new friends; they became his loyal comrades. The plot is very complex; mainly it is about growing up, fighting with your own demons, sacrificing yourself for others. For music, plot and action I give 5/5. (It is way better than DB ;) )

It is broadcast every Thursday, 19:45 on TV Tokyo.

Here is one of the most famous Naruto AMV's: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9e_ZFkje_mw

Hellsing- It is a story about vampire's. It is only for adult fans because there is a lot violence, blood and mature scenes. During the whole anime we are watching Alucard's and Victoria's "performance" of slash 'n blood. For music 4/5, plot 2.5/5, action 4/5

Devil May Cry- Anime based on computer game. DMC is similar to Hellsing. The main character is Dante the devil hunter who is hunting down demons for money. There is a lot of good action and the characters are well made. Music 4.5/5, plot 3/5 and action 4.5/5.
"After eating jackal's corpse you are mortally poisoned. You die at level 5 of dungeon"
<gasp> Not again! ;]
Dragons Tooth
Young Hen

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic