Anime Anime Anime!

If you want to talk about your personal paperweight, you've found the right place!

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Tails2k » Tue Jul 10, 2007 14:26

Darksurf waht do you think about Slayers? *g*. i laugh me dad, and everywhere destruction.
Tails2k
Growing Hen

Postby Darksurf » Fri Jul 13, 2007 15:19

Slayers was OK. It was funny, and I never have seen the whole thing. I seen parts here and there, but have noticed that the characters change each season. That kinda bothered me. I'm not a familiar/comfortable with the characters because I feel like I'm watching a different anime all though I'm not.. Its a wierd feeling and kinda makes me lose interest in the anime. I don't like character changes too well. Thats why its hard for me to move on to sequels in the slayers series.
Darksurf
Old Dear Hen

Postby Mellowdrone » Sun Jul 15, 2007 3:52

I figured what the hey, I'd reply to this. ;)

Since you've asked, Darksurf, I've been a fan of a number of different animes over the years. Primarily, my two favorites as it currently stands are Rozen Maiden and Fate/Stay Night. I'm sure you've heard of both, and I'll forewarn you regarding F/SN if you haven't already checked the game (or it's accompanying screenshots). The game, most certainly, is for grownups in the sense that it's a hentai. The anime, however, was very enjoyable to watch, and I enjoy revisiting it from time to time.

I had quite the collection a year or two ago before selling it due to needing the cash for other things. Read Or Die (the OVA and the series), Mahoromatic (both seasons, though preferably the first), Ai Yori Aoshi, RahXephon.. I could recommend any number of series in terms of those that need to be seen.

Unfortunately, I haven't purchased any anime in a long while. For that matter, I haven't jumped off into the sea regarding fansubs recently, either. I've been eyeing Jigoku Shoujo and it's second season, as well as Higurashi, and the Rozen Maiden Overture episodes recently released. I hope I'm able to grab these sooner rather than later. I'm not getting any younger over here. :)

At any rate, thought I'd add my two cents. :)
Mellowdrone
Young Hen

Postby Darksurf » Mon Jul 16, 2007 15:39

O_o ooooo, Ai yori aoshi..... *drool* I've been wanting to read/watch that one for a long time. My fiance loves ROD. She likes books too >.> (*cough cough, big wooped dee doo*). Although I must say I did like ROD. Now there's something like Read or Dream, so ROD has to be used carefully or it will get confused with this. Again, my fiance also likes Read or Dream. I have seen some screenshots of Fate/Stay Night but I didn't know it was a hentai. The website showed it as a really cool anime with swords, armor, etc. Sounded cool looked cool, but never got around to watching it. I had no idea it was a hentai, so thanx for the heads up.

Its not too hentaish is it?? I'm not into the henati stuff. I am into a good story line, but I'm not all about ruining a story so there can be 53X in it.
Darksurf
Old Dear Hen

Postby Mellowdrone » Tue Jul 17, 2007 0:44

Its not too hentaish is it?? I'm not into the henati stuff. I am into a good story line, but I'm not all about ruining a story so there can be 53X in it.

Remember that Fate/Stay Night the anime and the game come from two entirely different angles. The game has three arcs in which the characters find themselves in varying situations, while the anime is a mix of all three (namely one arc over the other opposing two). The anime is very entertaining, IMHO, and it has no sexual sort of contact whatsoever. The conversations the characters have in the anime do make the scenes a bit trivial (and they could be read in such a perverse way as a result), but there's no action between the characters overly perverse.

While we're at it and on topic, there are two different PvP/PvC fighting games I'd like to recommend that I commonly come back to, however I only wish WINE would support them better than it currently does. A fan group of Fate/Stay Night (Lights) has created a game called Fatal/Fake which is a 3D sort of PVP fighting game, and in relation to Fate/Stay Night (via the company that created it), there lies a game series called Tsukihime (actually, there's another name or two for it, but I refuse to get technical here). The fighting game based on Tsukihime that a number of folks tend to play is called Melty Blood. Melty Blood is similar to a Street Fighter II Turbo 2D sort of game on SNES, but it's very well done and very entertaining. Yet again, Melty Blood is something I would love to see WINE support seeing as I'm no longer logging into Windows.

If you've the time, I encourage you to check out the two games I've recommended if they float your boat. They're quite entertaining, IMHO, and I hope you find them to be the same. Nonetheless, I'm just home from work, and I need a shower. ;)
Mellowdrone
Young Hen

Postby Darksurf » Tue Jul 17, 2007 18:57

SWEET!! Then I'll have to look that up. I wonder why it could be considered Hentai?.....
Hmmm, guess I'll just have to watch it to find out... If its considered hentai due to perverse comments and such then I guess Inukami would be considered hentai even though nothing sexual happens between anybody... Hard to believe something can be considered hentai due to sexual innuendos and such. That would then also make Inuyasha hentai :P :lol:
Darksurf
Old Dear Hen

Postby Mellowdrone » Tue Jul 17, 2007 21:56

Really, check out the games - they'll be no question in your mind why they're considered hentai. :)

The animes are made for public viewing, however, so obviously that's left out.
Mellowdrone
Young Hen

Postby Darksurf » Thu Jul 19, 2007 13:22

I've been looking for an hour and all I can find is blood, weapons, armor, and it is all mostly from the anime. I can't find any hentai related scenes as of now, but I'm downloading it now, so if it gets too bad for me I can just rid myself of it, but I doubt I will. The screenshots of the anime look really freakin' cool! Who knows, I guess I'll just find out on my own. Thanx for the heads up.
Darksurf
Old Dear Hen

Postby Darksurf » Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:54

just finished watching the Ichigo 100% series. Not bad, although I do wish there was a better ending. You never find out which girl he decides to be with. Although, I'm sure most people could guess right. Its still kinda annoying. Altogether 12 episodes and they aren't that bad.
~ Y </0 5+Up1</ P30p[Ez +Ry 2 R34</ D1s? ~
Darksurf
Old Dear Hen

Postby Gigadelic IIDX » Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:08

i been watching Fate stay night and its badass

it seems the japanese voice actor in Fate Stay Night for Emiya Shirō is the very saame voice actor for Shiki Tohno in Shingetsutan Tsukihime could i be wrong?

and Speaking of Melty Blood when it the ner version comeing out?

also anyone can link me to some GeoBreeder and Geobreeder: breakthough torrents thats well seeded
Gigadelic IIDX
Simple Hen

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic