openoffice compiled with no errors! yay ...

If you want to talk about your personal paperweight, you've found the right place!

Moderator: Moderators

openoffice compiled with no errors! yay ...

Postby totedati » Sun Jun 10, 2007 15:54

finally my curiosity is complished ... i want to see if all portage bells is living to that high level that is claimed ... and i begin to enter in the compile and upgrade cycle of all gentoo fanboys ... but still careful ... and what is better to stress all portage infrastructure that a openoffice source install !? ... can do many evazive and tinny moves but i think that a big and a careful chosen shot can be more conclusive ... and i do it ... in sabayon v3.0 variants well the duck was dead in the water ... same in sabayon v3.1 and v3.2 generations ... but now in sabayon v3.3 is still alive and goosing ... finally can compile a monster like openoffice without a single error ... so i just do a:
Code: Select all
sudo emerge -av app-office/openoffice
Password:

These are the packages that would be merged, in order:

Calculating dependencies... done!
[ebuild     U ] dev-dotnet/libgdiplus-1.2.4 [1.2.2] USE="gif jpeg tiff -exif" 2,782 kB
[ebuild     U ] dev-java/java-config-wrapper-0.13 [0.12-r1] 7 kB
[ebuild     U ] app-text/libwpd-0.8.9 [0.8.4] USE="-doc" 557 kB
[ebuild     U ] dev-libs/STLport-5.1.2 [5.1.0] USE="-boost" 660 kB
[ebuild     U ] dev-lang/mono-1.2.4 [1.2.2.1] USE="X nptl" 16,745 kB
[ebuild     U ] dev-java/java-config-2.0.33-r1 [2.0.31-r4] 25 kB
[ebuild     U ] app-office/openoffice-2.2.0 [2.1.0] USE="cairo cups dbus eds firefox gnome gstreamer gtk java kde ldap mono%* pam -binfilter -branding -debug -odk -seamonkey% -sound -webdav" LINGUAS="en -af -ar -as_IN -be_BY -bg -bn -br% -bs -ca -cs -cy -da -de* -dz% -el -en_GB* -en_US* -en_ZA -eo% -es* -et -fa -fi -fr* -ga% -gl% -gu_IN -he -hi_IN -hr -hu -it* -ja -km -ko -ku% -lt -lv -mk -ml_IN% -mr_IN% -nb -ne% -nl* -nn -nr -ns -or_IN -pa_IN -pl -pt -pt_BR -ru* -rw -sh_YU -sk -sl -sr_CS -ss% -st -sv -sw_TZ -ta_IN -te_IN -tg -th -ti_ER -tn -tr -ts -uk% -ur_IN -ve -vi -xh -zh_CN* -zh_TW -zu" 127,341 kB

Total: 7 packages (7 upgrades), Size of downloads: 148,114 kB

Would you like to merge these packages? [Yes/No]

and forget about is for almost 16 hours, were mono compiling also share a fair amount of that time, but is done .... not without fear that a too tinny '/var' partition can compromise all the joy of compiling ... 2.6 GiB of all 3 GiB was eated also ...

Not is time to move on ... and try with same faith a full kde-meta upgrade from 3.5.6 to 3.5.7 versions ... if this also can be done without a single error, and without a single user 'extra' intervention, then is time to draw a conclusion ... that my gentoo & sabayon pathway was a right choice ...

kudos to all sabayon'ers, and for lxnay and his distro teams .... good work done ....
linux is free, the expertise to harness it is not!
you don't make so much money selling open source software!
You make MORE money USING it, just like google!
linux registered user #352479
totedati
Technological Hen

Return to Off Topic