Any of you try VLOS Linux, Kororaa or any other Gentoo based

If you want to talk about your personal paperweight, you've found the right place!

Moderator: Moderators

Any of you try VLOS Linux, Kororaa or any other Gentoo based

Postby brjoon1021 » Fri Jun 01, 2007 13:29

Just curious. I assume that many if not all of you are handier with Gentoo based distros than I am. I was wondering what your experiences with the other Gentoo based distros have been like.

Thanks,

B.
brjoon1021
Young Hen

Postby Thrice » Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:44

Thread looked a bit lonely so i'll post my useless thoughts on kororaa. I dl'ed it a while ago to try out teh cube, but it was nowhere as polished as sabayon back then. Mid last year, i think. Maybe it has changed - no idea.
Thrice
Growing Hen

Postby Fitzcarraldo » Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:47

I briefly tried the Kororaa AIGLXgl 0.3 LiveCD -- last October I think it was -- as a result of reading about it on Chris Pirillo's blog:

http://chris.pirillo.com/2006/09/06/vis ... than-this/

and the 'sexy' GUI impressed me greatly, especially the rotating cube desktop, which was news to me then. I know it's eye candy, but it never fails to impress, does it? I never did install Kororaa to the HDD, though, as not all the hardware on my previous laptop was recognised. However, I've not tried the more-recent releases. Anyway, when I discovered SL this year it looked nicer in the screenshots and, more importantly, recognised all the hardware on my new laptop, so I ended up plucking up the courage to install SL. I'm hoping the developers can get XGL and DRI working for the ATI Mobility Readeon X1600 and then my contentment will be total. :wink:
Fitzcarraldo
Sagely Hen

Postby blippy » Mon Jun 04, 2007 14:26

I used vlos a long time ago when i got fed up with the gentoo install. But then due to harddrive failure, I just went back to windows.

When i got linux itch again, I was looking for other gentoo based distros and am probably going to stick with sabayon because of entropy.
blippy
Baby Hen

Return to Off Topic