YESSSSS!!!!! I am glad I switched to sabayon

If you want to talk about your personal paperweight, you've found the right place!

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Gigadelic IIDX » Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:50

i first tired Ubuntu but the Brown turned me off also it seemed to easy to run and learn i felt i wasnt learning anything from it afterwards i tried Gentoo well seemed ok the installed took me forever to get use to

after a friend told me about Sabayon and after a good 5 days running it i learned alot and lovein it
Gigadelic IIDX
Simple Hen

Postby totedati » Tue Jun 26, 2007 0:18

indeed, sabayon linux is a gentoo for the masses, too sad that gentoo developers can't understand that ...

http://www.sabayonlinux.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4664&highlight=
http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-541789-start-0-postdays-0-postorder-asc-highlight-.html
linux is free, the expertise to harness it is not!
you don't make so much money selling open source software!
You make MORE money USING it, just like google!
linux registered user #352479
totedati
Technological Hen

Postby Stupot » Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:27

I don't think our relation with Gentoo is a big deal. They can be angry and refuse us all the support in the world. I've been using Sabayon for over 6 months now and I've never thought about using the Gentoowiki or even their forums. I think that the Sabayon community is strong enough with plenty of linux gurus to help any of us through any problems we have without going elsewhere.

Whether Gentoo users like us/support us/ hate us isn't important as far as I'm concerned. It's not even worth arguing about.
Stupot
Sagely Hen

Postby Gigadelic IIDX » Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:16

mrscotty99's first post in that thread made perfect since why he would use Sabayon

i tried Gentoo but the 2006 installer was a pain in the ass so i basicly gave up on wanting to use Gentoo but i met a friend i told about my EXP* with Gentoo Linux and he recommended i try Sabayon at first i was worried about the installer since its a Gentoo based system but in the end its like a easy to use Gentoo based OS, hell i manages to see how fucking easy it was to setup Dual boot with XP and Sabayon i was wowed how smooth the system ren and how i didnt have to go out and buy a new sound card just to get sound(one of my troubles in Gentoo)

i think i found my home in the Linux World
Gigadelic IIDX
Simple Hen

Postby voxiac » Tue Jun 26, 2007 21:12

Stupot wrote:I don't think our relation with Gentoo is a big deal. They can be angry and refuse us all the support in the world. I've been using Sabayon for over 6 months now and I've never thought about using the Gentoowiki or even their forums. I think that the Sabayon community is strong enough with plenty of linux gurus to help any of us through any problems we have without going elsewhere.

Whether Gentoo users like us/support us/ hate us isn't important as far as I'm concerned. It's not even worth arguing about.

Now think why Beryl and Compiz reunited recently and look at the results on youtube...
voxiac
Advanced Hen

Postby totedati » Wed Jun 27, 2007 0:21

Stupot wrote:I don't think our relation with Gentoo is a big deal.

relation between sabayon and gentoo is really a very big deal ... simply lnxay and his little teamwork do not have enough resource and do not want to split portage infrastructure, using portage can assemble a good distribution with little effort compared with other distributions, but also poor portage maintenance from gentoo part do a lot of trouble for him.

so ... portage link between gentoo and sabayon matter a lot ... so sad that gentoo developers can't understand that ...
linux is free, the expertise to harness it is not!
you don't make so much money selling open source software!
You make MORE money USING it, just like google!
linux registered user #352479
totedati
Technological Hen

Previous

Return to Off Topic