Sabayon - For What?

If you want to talk about your personal paperweight, you've found the right place!

Moderator: Moderators

What Your Use :)

Gaming
6%
Work
22%
Multimedia
17%
Other - Specific on post
56%

Total votes : 18

Sabayon - For What?

Postby ErMejo » Tue Apr 24, 2007 21:32

Hallo to all guys!

What is your use for Sabayon, let the Sabayon creators know it :)
ErMejo
Simple Hen

Postby davemc » Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:14

Really not sure what all these polls are about?

I use Sabayon for everything now -- all the above plus MORE!
davemc
Sharecropper

Postby navman » Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:28

I do a little gaming, but mostly home bussiness and multimedia. Also, to learn linux
navman
Growing Hen

Postby Appleman1234 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:19

This is the second poll on Sabayon usage.

Please try not to make duplicate threads or polls or unnecessary polls. (not saying this one is unecessary)

Thanks.
Appleman1234
Old Dear Hen

Postby R3MF » Wed Apr 25, 2007 14:50

general home multimedia use for me.

anyone who games should be using XP, unless that play one game that they know wine/cerdega runs well.

for work use, well frankly, i would choose opensuse.
R3MF
Advanced Hen

Postby davemc » Wed Apr 25, 2007 17:26

R3MF wrote:anyone who games should be using XP, unless that play one game that they know wine/cerdega runs well.

Thats a rather broad statement filled with incorrect assumptions. I dont really know of any windows based games anymore that wont run on cedega 6. There might be one, but I havent heard of anyone complaining about it yet. I know for sure that every game ive thrown at it works far better and improved functionality on Sabayon than in XP. Linux is now outperforming M$ on every level that exists in the PC world today. SuSe is a good distro, but Sabayon handles office apps much better IMO and, because of built-in beryl functionality, handles multi-tasking 100% better.
davemc
Sharecropper

Postby AmpLiF1eR » Wed Apr 25, 2007 17:42

I don't have experience with cedega but I'm wiling to try, which files do I need, the engine and GUI is enough (6.0) ? Can I use it on Sabayon ?

gr.
Amp
AmpLiF1eR
Old Dear Hen

Postby ErMejo » Wed Apr 25, 2007 17:58

Appleman1234 wrote:This is the second poll on Sabayon usage.

Please try not to make duplicate threads or polls or unnecessary polls. (not saying this one is unecessary)

Thanks.

Im sorry, but i don't found the first :\
ErMejo
Simple Hen

Postby davemc » Wed Apr 25, 2007 19:47

AmpLiF1eR wrote:I don't have experience with cedega but I'm wiling to try, which files do I need, the engine and GUI is enough (6.0) ? Can I use it on Sabayon ?

gr.
Amp

Download the GUI from transgaming (small.cedega.tgz or something like that). Put that file in /usr/portage/distfiles. Emerge cedega. Open the GUI after install and go through the setup wizard. Done! Install games using the "install" button and use the GDDB profile for it and your good to go. Ive tested all the latest and greatest windows games that I have on it and they all work flawlessly -- Oblivion, Dark age of Camelot, World of Warcraft, and Homeworld 2 being the big titles. Oblivion is the most advanced graphics based game of the lot so I know if it can run that, it can run anything. Whats more, if it can run in Cedega, it can also run in regular Wine with alot of tweaking on your part.
davemc
Sharecropper

Postby dunsurfin » Wed Apr 25, 2007 20:12

As navman says "to learn Linux".
Also, just for fun. I don't do "gaming" and don't work but "multimedia" is important to me and enjoy the Sabayon approach to appearance.
Self-righteousness is a loud din raised to drown the voice of guilt within us - Eric Hoffer

Don't believe what it says on the right - I am anything but sagely; More oniony!
dunsurfin
Sagely Hen

Next

Return to Off Topic