Oblivion in Sabayon Video!

If you want to talk about your personal paperweight, you've found the right place!

Moderator: Moderators

Postby random guy » Fri Jun 01, 2007 15:30

i dont think skydomes alone would really make much of an exciting how to since it isnt much more than a check box click. but maybe a more complete "customizing beryl" guide would be better.

i was playing around with vmware over the last few days, i kinda like it but it definietly cant be used as a replacement to wine or cedega because it is pretty slow. supposedly it doesnt have support for directx 9/10 though...

definitely interesting though because other than those two issues it would make any windows application usable in a unix enviornment.
<:~-- That random guy from nowhere has made another statement and vanished --~:>
random guy
Advanced Hen

Postby davemc » Fri Jun 01, 2007 16:29

Try VirtualBox its much faster and easier to configure. No, you wont get any decent games running in Virtualization apps.
davemc
Sharecropper

Postby Thrice » Fri Jun 01, 2007 19:28

davemc wrote:If Skydomes were included during install you would not have an option to deactivate them thus making it very difficult or impossible for people with lower end systems to boot into X and cause no end of frustration on our support IRC.

ookay, then make a skydomes folder somewhere in ~ & also include links to the good sites.
Thrice
Growing Hen

Postby davemc » Fri Jun 01, 2007 21:17

You guys that want to see better skydome support should put a blog into the "suggestions" section.
davemc
Sharecropper

Previous

Return to Off Topic