Oblivion in Sabayon Video!

If you want to talk about your personal paperweight, you've found the right place!

Moderator: Moderators

Postby random guy » Wed May 30, 2007 16:12

ya skydomes are hard to get because they have to be just the right ratio of height and width, 2 good reasources to find them are kdelook.org (nice because people rate them), and the beryl forums ( a lot of great skydomes are there from the geeks ;) )

btw there is a new thing like kde-look.org for beryl now ( beryl-look.org ) it is new so you dont have millions of stuff there but there are a lot including my skydome.

thanks for the how to davemc, you rock. i have tried learning to use wine several times but lost interest especially since there was no guarentee that anything would work but i guess i should learn how to use it more.

Wine has made huge strides over the last 6 months and Cedega now supports pixel and vertex shader 2.0, so basicly, there no longer is any game on the market today that will not run in Linux.

this makes me very relieved. when directx 10 came out for windows i was afraid tha we might have problems with later games...
<:~-- That random guy from nowhere has made another statement and vanished --~:>
random guy
Advanced Hen

Postby voxiac » Wed May 30, 2007 17:21

random guy wrote:
Wine has made huge strides over the last 6 months and Cedega now supports pixel and vertex shader 2.0, so basicly, there no longer is any game on the market today that will not run in Linux.

this makes me very relieved. when directx 10 came out for windows i was afraid tha we might have problems with later games...

Cool now only shader v. 3 and 4 to go ;). I don't know whether any games mandate those though...
voxiac
Advanced Hen

Postby davemc » Wed May 30, 2007 17:34

None that I know of yet. Steam has issues with wine but runs in both Cedega and CVS.
davemc
Sharecropper

Postby Bam » Wed May 30, 2007 22:56

Thanks for the tip on beryl-look.org
Bam
Young Hen

Postby random guy » Thu May 31, 2007 2:02

Thanks for the tip on beryl-look.org

no problem.

i didnt try the loop cds yet because i am busy at work but i dont think sabayon has included any skydomes by default yet. we definitely should because they look hot. i think i will post that in development suggestions now.

EDIT: sorry i deviated the original topic. btw i cant find your wine tutorial.
<:~-- That random guy from nowhere has made another statement and vanished --~:>
random guy
Advanced Hen

Postby davemc » Thu May 31, 2007 14:10

Skydomes are an interesting add on, however including them by default might make it harder to install Sabayon for those with lower end systems.
davemc
Sharecropper

Postby Thrice » Thu May 31, 2007 19:13

*shrug* Then don't activate them?
Thrice
Growing Hen

Postby davemc » Thu May 31, 2007 19:16

If Skydomes were included during install you would not have an option to deactivate them thus making it very difficult or impossible for people with lower end systems to boot into X and cause no end of frustration on our support IRC.
davemc
Sharecropper

Postby random guy » Fri Jun 01, 2007 0:17

wow i wasnt aware that skydomes took up significantly more reasources than a 2 color blend. i got a pretty slow system and i didnt notice.

but if there is a proformance hit then i agree that it is better to leave it disactivated. takes all of one minute to do it if you want it later anyway...
random guy
Advanced Hen

Postby davemc » Fri Jun 01, 2007 14:14

Exactly. I think what would be much more helpful to the new Sabayon user would be for someone to post a "How to" or something like that who really knows about that Skydome stuff or where to get the really good ones.
davemc
Sharecropper

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic