Back again

If you want to talk about your personal paperweight, you've found the right place!

Moderator: Moderators

shieldfield
Baby Hen

Back again

Post by shieldfield » Mon Dec 22, 2014 21:30

Once more I lost the lot - including a long lived Sabayon installation and all my passwords. I bought a new laptop, downloaded SL and it wouldn't install. I've now managed to get it going on another PC but have decided on a new identity. You will find my previous posts as "dunsurfin".
Good to be back.
It really doesn't matter.

Fitzcarraldo
Sagely Hen

Re: Back again

Post by Fitzcarraldo » Tue Dec 23, 2014 15:11

From one old timer to another (dunsurfin became a member of the SL Forums a couple of months before me in 2007): Welcome back. It's a lot quieter around the SL forums these days, though.

Stupot
Sagely Hen

Post by Stupot » Fri Dec 26, 2014 18:23

That is it. I wonder how much of it is because the liveDVD/installer seems to be a constant state of not working.

lxnay
Land Owner

Post by lxnay » Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:29

I wonder how much it is because nobody is actually testing and reporting bugs. :?: :?:
Join us on IRC (chat.freenode.net #sabayon or WebChat)
Submit bugs to our Bug Tracker
Follow me on Twitter
Add me on Facebook
Add me on Google+

Stupot
Sagely Hen

Post by Stupot » Sun Dec 28, 2014 19:20

Fair point. I shouldn't have left it at that. I'm certainly not attempting to place blame, given that I haven't been testing or reporting bugs, rather sticking my forum-only presence for the most part. It seems as though the automation of the liveDVDs might have given those that previously tested it the impression it doesn't need testing (or so that would be my guess).

Next time when I see a user on the forum with a bug I'll definitely be sure to push harder for a bug report. We all need encouragement now and again. :)