Why is it so quiet around here?

If you want to talk about your personal paperweight, you've found the right place!

Moderator: Moderators

Why is it so quiet around here?

Postby exploder99 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 20:20

I do not see many new posts or activity around the forum. Am I the only one new around here with questions? :) Seriously though, I thought there would be more new posts and activity with the recent release announcement.

There is a lot around here to be excited about! Sabayon has the latest KDE and Gnome releases, systemd and I am sure other things worth talking about. I was particularly interested in the latest version of Gnome, that's why I am here.

I have been very interested in Gnome development since version 3.10 came out and 3.12 is even better! :D Sabayon Gnome seemed like the perfect solution for me to follow Gnome development. :D Very few distributions have the most current version of Gnome, Sabayon and Arch immediately came to mind for me.

Gnome will see a new icon set in the near future, Sabayon of course has better looking icon sets out of the box though. Gnome Video and Music are getting better and better with each new release. I watched a video this morning about new features that will arrive in the next version of Gnome Music, it is really looking very good!

Another thing that brought me here was Unity, not that I dislike it but that Canonical keeps talking about new icons, features, etc and then they do not deliver... Gnome comes out with a road map and they follow it, if they tell you there will be something new it will be there. I like new ideas and I like where Gnome is heading. Gnome development has been progressing very well, Gnome applications are also getting very good and integrate into the system very well. :)

These are just my opinions. I like quite a few desktop environments and window managers. Gnome interests me because it is fresh and now there are quite a few variants built on it. Hope to see some more enthusiastic members around here! 8)
exploder99
Young Hen

Re: Why is it so quiet around here?

Postby Stupot » Mon Jun 09, 2014 16:19

Most people only post on the forum when they run into problems or to help someone who has run into a problem. Sadly the forums see very little love, mostly just user frustration.
Stupot
Sagely Hen

Postby exploder99 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 16:42

Thanks for the reply! I thought the forum would be more active.
exploder99
Young Hen

Postby bobmc » Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:52

Sabayon is just humming along nicely so quiet is good. However, the 32-bit deprecation project is looming. That should stir the pot and awaken the grumblers. :-)
Sabayon 14.07+ (XFCE), Zotac ION330, Zotac ION220, HVR-1950, 950Q
bobmc
Young Hen

Postby pinkytoes » Mon Jun 16, 2014 18:17

we can't begin to understand tumbleweeds
blowing down an empty street around here.
you want dusty deserted wild west?
camp out on any MS support page. o:

fwiw - it was unity and the embedded billboarding
that is so reminiscent of W8 that sent me packing too.
Sabayon GNOME (64bit Steam) on acer v5 571p (also e1-572p)
pinkytoes
Simple Hen

Return to Off Topic