tweetpts - A simple terminal twitter client

If you want to talk about your personal paperweight, you've found the right place!

Moderator: Moderators

mohan43u
Baby Hen

tweetpts - A simple terminal twitter client

Post by mohan43u » Tue Oct 02, 2012 20:00

Hi Sabayons,

Probably the ugliest, may be amaturish, but currently this is what I have to offer you as a twitter client. Not a professional level app, I just did this to learn different libs which we can use to connect with different REST apis offered by many websites. Twitter happens to be one popular website which offers good REST api. Some features,

1. Written in C (with glib, libcurl, liboauth, glib-json, libreadline, libncurses and libpanelw)
2. Supports Twitter API v1.1 with OAuth.
3. Capable of updating status with picture.
4. Capable of updating profile background and profile image.
5. Capable of accessing Twitter's streaming API (except firehose)

This forum is the first place I'm posting about this app. I would like to get some feedback from experts and users of sabayon. If it is userful, then I can ask help from sabayon developers to add it in sabayon overlay. I don't have a ebuild right now and I don't know how to create one but very much interested to learn how to create one for tweetpts.

Download:

https://github.com/mohan43u/tweetpts

screenshot:

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B6Q-hq ... kU4QmJCQzQ

mohan43u
Baby Hen

Re: tweetpts - A simple terminal twitter client

Post by mohan43u » Thu Oct 04, 2012 16:43

It seems people not interested in twitter clients anymore (especially the one for terminal). It will be helpful if someone just compile (may be in a VM) this and reply what you think about this app? I really need a feedback so that I can correct my mistakes.

Waiting eagerly..

wolfden
Sharecropper

Post by wolfden » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:26

I'm moving this to off topic since it's not really Sabayon related.

Good luck with your adventure on this. I like CLI, but not interested in something like this.

mohan43u
Baby Hen

Post by mohan43u » Fri Oct 05, 2012 14:56

Thank you, I have been dying to get someone to test this apart from me and get some feedback. I thought of posting it first in sabayon forum, but not sure which section is the right one for this kind of posts.

If moving to this topic helps me, then I will be great. I just want to improve my code quality and how is my UI design level. It will help me to get some idea.