Debian "The best Linux distro of 2011!"

If you want to talk about your personal paperweight, you've found the right place!

Moderator: Moderators

sqlpython
Technological Hen

Debian "The best Linux distro of 2011!"

Post by sqlpython » Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:58

Declared after extensive testing at Tuxradar.. My Alma Mater .. Grin
Participants were Arch, SuSE, Fedora, Ubuntu, Mint & Debian

http://www.tuxradar.com/content/best-distro-2011

Should have included a Slackware..
There will be lots of disagreement of course but the results were due to All Around averaging.
Criticism accepted for Solutions that work. ;^)
Sabayon 13-DEBIAN 8- #! -Sid-Slackware 14-Calculate 13-Bridge

DeepDayze
Baby Hen

Re: Debian "The best Linux distro of 2011!"

Post by DeepDayze » Mon Oct 31, 2011 18:07

I've been a fan of Debian for some years now after dumping Fedora. My current setup has Aptosid 2011-2 installed and as Debian seemed to be rather stagnant lately thought I'd try other cutting edge distros such as Arch and Sabayon.

res0r9lm2
Simple Hen

Post by res0r9lm2 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 23:56

Who ever wrote that crap is a noob.
How is Debian more customizable than Arch?

Cutting edge? Nothing beats fedora. I don't even know how Debian is on this list

Quote:"One of the most important aspects of Linux is obviously the desktop" Lmao

Quote:"Any former Amiga users out there? It had a clock speed of 7MHz. Today the average CPU manages about 3GHz, and more often than not includes two cores, which means the modern computer is 800 times faster!"

Wow those Amiga's must have been years ahead of the competition to be able to go clock 4 clock against todays CPUs :roll:

Quote:"Some distros support other options but in Fedora, for example, all the administration tools are set up for Gnome, so you may find integrating a sane system quite difficult."

This guy is wrong again. With Fedora if you want to use a different desktop than Gnome you download one of the spins and admin tools work just the same as in gnome

DeepDayze
Baby Hen

Post by DeepDayze » Wed Nov 02, 2011 0:51

Fedora has gone on a downward slide IMO...no wonder people have been abandoning it. Debian is quite slick but its rather behind the times though.