Anyone else having pop3 gmail problems?

If you want to talk about your personal paperweight, you've found the right place!

Moderator: Moderators

Anyone else having pop3 gmail problems?

Postby dunsurfin » Tue Oct 28, 2008 18:29

Yesterday evening my gmail account stopped delivering certain emails by pop3 and the problem has continued today. Thunderbird reports "no new mail on server" but a check on the gmail website shows new mail there. An even stranger thing is that only some emails are affected - others download without a problem. This has never happened before and I am now getting my emails on a workaround basis by setting up imap for gmail in Thunderbird. A google shows one or two others having the same problem but it doesn't seem to be widespread at the moment - or, perhaps, people aren't aware of the problem because no error messages appear and it was only because I was expecting a particular email that I checked via webmail in case it had been diverted to the spam folder. Anyone else?
Self-righteousness is a loud din raised to drown the voice of guilt within us - Eric Hoffer

Don't believe what it says on the right - I am anything but sagely; More oniony!
dunsurfin
Sagely Hen

Re: Anyone else having pop3 gmail problems?

Postby Stupot » Tue Oct 28, 2008 19:34

Hmm. In the past when I used pop3 with gmail, it wouldn't work every once in a while, but not with just specific emails.

I did notice that it wouldn't pop emails that I sent to myself though.
Stupot
Sagely Hen

Re: Anyone else having pop3 gmail problems?

Postby dunsurfin » Tue Oct 28, 2008 19:38

Like everyone else, I've known gmail to fail occasionally but this is something entirely new to me and just appeared to cover emails from 2 people - both of whom use gmail addresses. I'm flummoxed!
Self-righteousness is a loud din raised to drown the voice of guilt within us - Eric Hoffer

Don't believe what it says on the right - I am anything but sagely; More oniony!
dunsurfin
Sagely Hen

Return to Off Topic