Introduction

If you want to talk about your personal paperweight, you've found the right place!

Moderator: Moderators

Introduction

Postby LinChapulin » Thu Feb 07, 2008 16:19

Hello everyone. I am LinChapulin and am interested in learning all I can about Linux and Sabayon especially. I have some experience with Linux using Fedora 8, OpenSuse 10.3 and Ubuntu Gutsy and previous versions. Only the simple command line stuff...lspci, lsmod, cat, etc. I am looking forward to meeting new people and learning from their knowledge so that I can grow as a user myself. One of the main reasons I have left the other more "mainstream" distributions is that I find generally there isn't much help, or interest in helping an aspiring linux user to become more proficient in the use, setup, and administration of said O.S. I am hoping the community here will be a little more lenient in that regard. I also have a problem that wasn't even addressed in any of my forum posts on the other sites. I have a intel hdaudio chipset on a Fujitsu N series notebook. The audio output is fine, but neither ALSA nor OSS from opensound.com have been able to figure out why I can't get any audio recorded using Audacity or Rezound. Anyway I mention this only as another reason I chose to try Sabayon because it states it has more advanced hardware support perhaps than other distros. Well hope to chat, or collaborate with you soon.

Regards,

LinChapulin
LinChapulin
Baby Hen

Re: Introduction

Postby dunsurfin » Thu Feb 07, 2008 17:53

Welcome :) I came to Sabayon about a year ago and have found good support on these forums. Occasionally it can be a little forthright but it's important to try and not take a terse comment as an unhelpful one. I'm afraid I can't offer any advice about your sound problem but I hope someone will come along soon with some suggestion.
Self-righteousness is a loud din raised to drown the voice of guilt within us - Eric Hoffer

Don't believe what it says on the right - I am anything but sagely; More oniony!
dunsurfin
Sagely Hen

Re: Introduction

Postby joost » Thu Feb 07, 2008 20:47

try alsaconf as root
then run alsamixer, maybe you get lucky
joost
Sagely Hen

Return to Off Topic