A Merry, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

If you want to talk about your personal paperweight, you've found the right place!

Moderator: Moderators

A Merry, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Postby Richlion » Fri Dec 21, 2007 16:02

Hi All,

***********************************************************************************************************************************
I would like to than to all the kindness to our moderators, especially to Fitzcarraldo and Wolfden, who have been helping me get to know Sabayon and the Getnoo installations.

I would like to wish You all a Merry Christmas, may your holidays be cheerfull, healthy and full of friendship.
I wish You all a Happy, prosperous New Year 2008. Have fun and don't forget to break a few bottles of Champagne.

!!!And most of all don't forget to forget about computers !!!
!!! All You have to do is switch them OFF !!!

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Cheers,
Richard.
*** Sabyon user since 2006 ***
Sabayon Linux amd64 13.03 - x86_64 Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU T4200 @ 2.00GHz
KDE 4.10.1 - on Acer Aspire 7730 zg 17" with Nvidia Geforce 9300M GS
Richlion
Technological Hen

Re: A Merry, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Postby wolfden » Fri Dec 21, 2007 18:55

Merry Christmas to you to and everyone else - It's been fun watching Sabayon grow over the past year. The numbers went through the roof and we've had good times and some bad times, but things are going great. lxnay has been working so hard on 3.5 Loop1 with entropy that he goes MIA for long periods of time while he codes. Dark_Mage has been very busy with studies, hopefully he will get a break from that soon and take a look at another updated Pro Edition.

Have a safe holiday season!

:santa:
wolfden
Sharecropper

Postby dunsurfin » Fri Dec 21, 2007 20:10

I'll echo the sentiments to those that enjoy Christmas. Personally I find it all a lot of humbug but I'm very happy for others to enjoy it :)
What I'd really like to do is echo the thanks. 2007 has been my Linux year. I dipped my toe in the water many times before but only took the full plunge with Sabayon and the water is lovely :P Thanks to everyone and best wishes for 2008.
Self-righteousness is a loud din raised to drown the voice of guilt within us - Eric Hoffer

Don't believe what it says on the right - I am anything but sagely; More oniony!
dunsurfin
Sagely Hen

Postby wolfden » Fri Dec 21, 2007 20:41

I expect even more people in 2008 taking the same plunge thanks to Vista. It's amazing at how many people are exploring alternative microsoft. I just wish people would do a little investigating first to learn how a specific distro works, it can save tons of frustration.
wolfden
Sharecropper

Postby Fitzcarraldo » Fri Dec 21, 2007 22:15

Thanks for the Christmas wishes, Richlion, and the same to you and to all the other members of the SL Forum. When I began tinkering with SL in February or March this year I never thought it would be so addictive (so I won't be switching off my PC just yet, although I will definitely draw the line at Christmas Day and Boxing Day!)

Code: Select all
                    / __'.     .-"""-.
              .-""-| |  '.'.  / .---. \
             / .--. \ \___\ \/ /____| |
            / /    \ `-.-;-(`_)_____.-'._
           ; ;      `.-" "-:_,(o:==..`-. '.         .-"-,
           | |      /       \ /      `\ `. \       / .-. \
           \ \     |         Y    __...\  \ \     / /   \/
     /\     | |    | .--""--.| .-'      \  '.`---' /
     \ \   / /     |`        \'   _...--.;   '---'`
      \ '-' / jgs  /_..---.._ \ .'\\_     `.
       `--'`      .'    (_)  `'/   (_)     /
                  `._       _.'|         .'
                     ```````    '-...--'`
Fitzcarraldo
Sagely Hen

Postby ashley194 » Sat Dec 22, 2007 0:14

Also to wish all SL users & perhaps converts too:

From us ("the wishor") to you ("hereinafter called the wishee") Please accept without obligation, implied or implicit, our best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, politically correct, low stress, non-addictive, gender neutral, celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasions and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all

... and a financially successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2008, but with due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures or sects whose contributions to society have helped make Britain Great, (not to imply that Britain is necessarily greater than any other country or is the only "Britain" in the western hemisphere), and having regard to the race, creed, colour, age, physical ability, religious faith, choice of computer platform or dietary preference of the wishee.

By accepting this greeting you are bound by these terms that-

* This greeting is subject to further clarification or withdrawal
* This greeting is freely transferable provided that no alteration shall be made to the original greeting and that the proprietary rights of the wishor are acknowledged.
* This greeting implies no promise by the wishor to actually implement any of the wishes.
* This greeting may not be enforceable in certain jurisdictions and/or the restrictions herein may not be binding upon certain wishees in certain jurisdictions and is revocable at the sole discretion of the wishor.
* This greeting is warranted to perform as reasonably may be expected within the usual application of good tidings, for a period of one year or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting, whichever comes first.
* The wishor warrants this greeting only for the limited replacement of this wish or issuance of a new wish at the sole discretion of the wishor
* Any references in this greeting to "the Lord", "Father Christmas", "Our Saviour", or any other festive figures, whether actual or fictitious, dead or alive, shall not imply any endorsement by or from them in respect of this greeting, and all proprietary rights in any referenced third party names and images are hereby acknowledged.

(Disclaimer: This greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal. It implies no promise by the wisher to actually implement any of the wishes for her/himself or others and no responsibility for any unintended emotional stress these greetings may bring to those not caught up in the holiday spirit.)

Hehehe... In short; Happy Christmas & Happy New Year :lol:
ashley194
Technological Hen

Postby Dragons Tooth » Sat Dec 22, 2007 15:32

I would like also wish you and the whole Linux community Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Also best wishes for our SL and it's team. May the incoming year be a good one for Sabayon :wink:
"After eating jackal's corpse you are mortally poisoned. You die at level 5 of dungeon"
<gasp> Not again! ;]
Dragons Tooth
Young Hen

Postby joost » Sat Dec 22, 2007 16:50

Merry x-mass to all, even to you AjeZ.

Lets hope for a nice and red Christmas. (c) 2007 lxnay
joost
Sagely Hen

Postby ajez » Tue Dec 25, 2007 13:23

joost wrote:Merry x-mass to all, even to you AjeZ.

Lets hope for a nice and red Christmas. (c) 2007 lxnay

u'll never change joost .. Merry X-Mas guyz! I'm waiting for presents :P
--
Core Beta/Site,Blog,Forum Admin
ajez
The Blamed One

Postby daniequy » Tue Dec 25, 2007 18:52

I wish you a Merry Christmas;

I wish you a Merry Christmas;

I wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. :cheese:

Moderador Sabayon Linux
daniequy
Old Dear Hen

Return to Off Topic