just a quick question

If you want to talk about your personal paperweight, you've found the right place!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: just a quick question

Postby joost » Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:09

Try here

http://na.mirror.garr.it/mirrors/sabayonlinux/

Next time be creative and start using head. Its not that hard to find is it?
(We can't help about your school problem)
joost
Sagely Hen

Postby r3skyline » Fri Dec 07, 2007 19:34

Next time be creative and start using head. Its not that hard to find is it?
(We can't help about your school problem)

ok, first off, learn proper grammar and speech and how to type. second, learn to read other people's post. it just shows your intelligence or rather you like to skim through what people have written and to just reply whatever you feel like. this is what is tearing forum communitites and im tired of it.

i wrote that i dont have an internet connection at home, at the moment, but my school does have a really nice connection so id be able to download it from there.

third, if you didnt read, which is pretty obvious that you didnt, i wrote that none of the links on their download page except the metalink works for me. they show up just fine, however when i go to "save target as" it shows up as just being around 230MB or so. so dont just come in here posting a link to one of the many pages of http/ftp that i have been to, thinking that its going to magically work just because you copied/pasted it in here.

do not assume that i dont know what i am doing. all i asked was a question, would like to get help, not to be insulted or ridiculed for anything.

if i misinterpreted what you had typed than i am sorry but you did come in here and tried to be the problem solver of the case when what you posted was already here and answered/replied to.

oh and in case you would wonder or anything, i am going to school here in Redmond washington, at Digipen where i am majoring in computer science and engineering where i hope to receive my BS in CSE for either engineering or RTIS. im pretty sure i know what i am doing but i am just confused on why the links are only saying they will download this much when on file information, it shows up as a dvd size.....
r3skyline
Baby Hen

Postby eshum » Fri Dec 07, 2007 21:01

I t seems the problem you are encountering is with your schools connection to the net. It most likely has built in limitations on downloads. Now if you really want to try out Sabayon Linux 32 or 64 bit email me your address and I will send you a dvd that works. It will not take long to get there Lake Oswego, Oregon and Redmond, Washington are two hundred miles apart.
ed
eshum
Technological Hen

Postby joost » Fri Dec 07, 2007 21:09

Because i wouldn't dare doubting your intelligence i asked you way up what actual mirror you were trying, so i could check it out and perhaps report a broken/corrupt mirror to the dev team. If you scroll up this topic you will see i was asking earlier.
joost
Sagely Hen

Postby r3skyline » Fri Dec 07, 2007 21:25

naw i know its not my schools internet connection because i can download other dvd sized files just fine i.e. games and movies. their browsers range from opera, firefox, IE and some other ones. however through both firefox and IE the download shows as a small file, whereas when i tried opera now it shows up just fine but would take around 4 hrs to complete at around 250kbps which is really slow on their connection. im just gonna try and download it piece by piece through metalink with an external hdd and hope that it works that way.

i went through all mirrors and was trying to state that none of them worked properly so maybe its just their web broswers.

also, although i go to school in redmond, i dont live here :D i live in washington, and i'll take you up on that offer thank you :) i want to try sabayon because i have heard really good things about gentoo and how sabayon already has everything precompiled/installed that i am looking for. i'll send you a pm
r3skyline
Baby Hen

Postby eshum » Fri Dec 07, 2007 23:33

Recived the Pm and will put the dvd in the mail late today.

ed
eshum
Technological Hen

Postby dunsurfin » Fri Dec 07, 2007 23:34

r3skyline wrote:ok, first off, learn proper grammar and speech and how to type.

:roll:
Self-righteousness is a loud din raised to drown the voice of guilt within us - Eric Hoffer

Don't believe what it says on the right - I am anything but sagely; More oniony!
dunsurfin
Sagely Hen

Postby r3skyline » Fri Dec 07, 2007 23:45

wait, did i sound redundant when i typed that? yea, but like i said afterwards, i was sorry if i misread it. no need to point out random stuff to try and make me look bad and make useless posts :p :wink:
r3skyline
Baby Hen

Postby r3skyline » Tue Dec 11, 2007 22:45

ok, got the dvd thx! now i have a new question that i cant seem to find an answer to

compiz fusion was enabled by default with all the random stuff such as cube, layout and wobbly windows. however!, now my resolution is not able to go past 1024x768. i tried setting it via the nvidia settings panel, but it just made the screen all weird and when i went to cancel, the screen would just black out. that was in gnome. i tried it in kde 3.5 and the same thing. i have to shut the power off and restart it....is there any way to make the resolution larger than the default of 1024x768 or is not possible with compiz enabled...?
r3skyline
Baby Hen

Postby joost » Tue Dec 11, 2007 23:07

Did you have a look at /etc/X11/xorg.conf already?
joost
Sagely Hen

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic