An open letter to Steve Ballmer

If you want to talk about your personal paperweight, you've found the right place!

Moderator: Moderators

joost
Sagely Hen

An open letter to Steve Ballmer

Post by joost » Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:40

My blog | Mastodon | Please support Sabayon: Become a Patron

Fitzcarraldo
Sagely Hen

Re: An open letter to Steve Ballmer

Post by Fitzcarraldo » Fri Nov 02, 2007 13:05

I wonder how much it cost Microsoft?

joost
Sagely Hen

Post by joost » Fri Nov 02, 2007 14:02

I bet they just gave some toys to the government officials.

And of course, a free copy of windows for each computer.
My blog | Mastodon | Please support Sabayon: Become a Patron

eshum
Technological Hen

Post by eshum » Fri Nov 02, 2007 17:06

"And of course, a free copy of windows for each computer." There in lays the crux of the matter Steve Ballmer (Microsoft) were they honorable could afford to give each needy child in Africa a $199.00 computer and not put a dent in their huge surplus of money. However those children need not worry because neither Mr. Ballmer or Microsoft are honorable and I doubt that will change anytime soon. When there two ways to do something good - bad Mr Ballmer will choose bad + ugly thats his nature.

ed

ScottAS
Young Hen

Post by ScottAS » Fri Nov 02, 2007 18:36

All

To be honest I'm absolutely disgusted by the actions of Microsoft Corp. in regards to the aforementioned letter. It is a fact that a large number of South African Governments cannot afford to purchase expensive I.T. equipment in order to teach their population to use them to benefit their own.

The aforementioned country's population are burdened with multiple life-threatening diseases and illnesses, of which include HIV, and AIDS. It is most certainly not in the South African Government's interest to use an Operating System which is neither fit for purpose, nor capable of providing their own with the ability to research a cure to such diseases and illnesses. In addition to the fact that the Operating System is not fit for purpose, it is also a fact that the South African Government will have to provide a monetary payment in order to equip each of their Desktop PCs with an AntiVirus application software and an AntiSpyware application software, alongside additional un-needed software applications which would not be required if a Linux Operating System was in use.

I am also very much aware of the fact that the additional financial consequences of Microsoft Corp.'s intervention may result in a loss of life, because of the fact that the required funds for medical treatment may not be available due to a lack of funding, as a result of un-needed additional purchases by the South African Government.

:(

Scott