Microsoft loses ISO vote on OOXML

If you want to talk about your personal paperweight, you've found the right place!

Moderator: Moderators

Microsoft loses ISO vote on OOXML

Postby totedati » Wed Sep 05, 2007 17:02

yes! look like is true! but battle is not over ... with such a greedy ugly business head, is not anytime soon over ...

Vote closes on draft ISO/IEC DIS 29500 standard
Approval requires at least 2/3 (i.e. 66.66 %) of the votes cast by national bodies participating in ISO/IEC JTC 1 to be positive; and no more than 1/4 (i.e. 25 %) of the total number of national body votes cast negative. Neither of these criteria were achieved, with 53 % of votes cast by national bodies participating in ISO/IEC JTC 1 being positive and 26 % of national votes cast being negative.

Microsoft loses bid to make Office an official standard
Microsoft spins OOXML loss as a win
ISO rejects Microsoft OOXML but the battle is far from over
Microsoft lost the OOXML fight
linux is free, the expertise to harness it is not!
you don't make so much money selling open source software!
You make MORE money USING it, just like google!
linux registered user #352479
totedati
Technological Hen

Re: Microsoft loses ISO vote on OOXML

Postby WarraWarra » Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:51

Even if they could get the vote they will never be able to provide a ISO or iso9002 type standard as their software / quality is not even close to ISO standards and so would loose the ISO standards approval quickly. It might be easier for them to close Microdaft down permanently than try to get close to ISO standards / fix the software.

:twisted:
WarraWarra
Sagely Hen

Re: Microsoft loses ISO vote on OOXML

Postby totedati » Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:13

hmmm ... i am not so sure ... if they want can create good software ... ooxml is bad and full of proprietary lock-in because they want to be in this way .. a last move to keep a bigger stream revenue ... but if they are forced, because ooxml is rejected, i suspect the last shot in bill arsenal is to make ooxml a real standard, or even to adopt odf format for msoffice! only to keep a foot in the business, and with risk to loose a big part of m$ empire cash revenue stream ... i see here that m$ strategy is not to keep cash in his pocket but to prevent by any means that this cash stream to flow in others direcţions ... this is the main objective now in microsoft tactics ... if you can't keep it, destroy it! but don't give it to your enemy!
linux is free, the expertise to harness it is not!
you don't make so much money selling open source software!
You make MORE money USING it, just like google!
linux registered user #352479
totedati
Technological Hen

Return to Off Topic