Request: Package-Inclusion -> grsync

Discuss all artwork and development - Suggestions needed

Moderator: Moderators

Request: Package-Inclusion -> grsync

Postby kerneloftruth » Mon Aug 06, 2007 21:07

Hi Ixnay,

please include grsync in your next release of Sabayon [and probably also Sabayon Business] since this is a pretty handy graphical tool which I use for backup of my files from a ntfs-partition :wink:

and I think others might find it useful too

I don't know if there's already such a tool in Sabayon - if yes, feel free to ignore this request

Many thanks in advance

Thanks for this great distro

:)
kerneloftruth
Baby Hen

Postby wolfden » Mon Aug 06, 2007 21:52

moved

how come people can't post in the right forum :?
wolfden
Sharecropper

Postby moab » Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:24

wolfden wrote:moved

how come people can't post in the right forum :?

i think its because its labled ARTWORK and Development suggestions. honestly, when i first saw that, i thought it was a development section for a person's art work. like a painting in progress if you will.

i find out later that, its simply two forums in one. to post your artwork and your suggestions to develop sabayon OS. Sorry, i have been hanging around deviant art too much.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

anyways, to answer the poster.

i never heard of this before, it sounds interesting. i think it might be one of those "things that will eventually hit the market place" kind of deals. it sounds like it would make Sabayon more compatible and flexible, so i see no reason why they wouldn't. unless they have a lot of things already they are messing with or have something like that they are planning to add.
moab
Simple Hen

Postby Fitzcarraldo » Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:57

grsync is just a graphical front end for the Linux rsync command. It wouldn't be a bad idea to include grsync on the LiveDVD, That said, it's in Portage and can easily be emerged.

-------------------

Regarding the "Artwork and Development Suggestions", in my opinion it would be better to separate this forum into two forums: "Artwork Suggestions" (or maybe just "Artwork") and "Development Suggestions". More clear-cut.
Fitzcarraldo
Sagely Hen

Postby moab » Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:05

Fitzcarraldo wrote:grsync is just a graphical front end for the Linux rsync command. It wouldn't be a bad idea to include grsync on the LiveDVD, That said, it's in Portage and can easily be emerged.

im so happy we have people on this forum who know what they are talking about, as of i dont. :wink: im a little newbish still but trying lol
moab
Simple Hen

Return to Artwork and Development Suggestions