New Wallpaper Giving Me Inspirational Blues

Discuss all artwork and development - Suggestions needed

Moderator: Moderators

New Wallpaper Giving Me Inspirational Blues

Postby Stevo20 » Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:19

OK, I don't get the lasted round of wallpapers/splash screens...

I'm glaring at my screen and it's glaring back, lol. It reads, "when art meets inspiration" ...a perfect credo, on a seductive background, displayed brilliantly in (ta da) Times New Roman font :shock: Huh? Did I miss a post about this? :scratch: ...I don't mean to be critical, but this seems more like "when art concludes in a hurry" or " when art meets a last minute typo" hehehe...sorry. Maybe it's all part of a big plan with a surprise ending, but I'm starting to get scared since Sabayon BE was released with a similar background already.

Keeping my paranoia in mind, I went on a search for FREE FONTS and I threw together a few examples of different fonts in hopes that I might actually inspire "you" (the developers).

Forgive me if it sounds like I'm overstepping my bounds, because I love this distro, none-the-less, here are 3 examples of different fonts on the current wallpaper. (best if viewed in a dark room):
Last edited by Stevo20 on Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:24, edited 1 time in total.
Stevo20
Baby Hen

Postby zouzou85 » Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:07

honestly, i didn't like the font on the original wallpaper, but i understand that the devs are much more interested in the near perfect code than how the wallpaper looks.
but hey, you got a point. that's why they have this "artwork and Development suggestions" section. Hopefully, talented users start putting in some input here.
Ignorance is not shameful. Arrogantly ignoring and denying your ignorance is.
All men are capable of learning, except two: The Arrogant and The Shy.
zouzou85
Growing Hen

Postby Stevo20 » Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:19

OK, In honor of Wait...What?'s submission(?) I thought it would be fair to add "something" here for comparison purposes. "something" = the stuff I added to these artist's work that bears no resemblance to artwork, lol...I'm just having fun :P

...speaking of fun, maybe someone should put together a POLL with all the various art submissions. Might be interesting.

WOW, these talented artist's works are sure inspirational in nature, I guess if any of them even sparks a new idea for some creative genius in one of the Devs, then they have done their job and we will all benefit from their efforts.

Last edited by Stevo20 on Mon Jul 23, 2007 22:08, edited 1 time in total.
Stevo20
Baby Hen

Postby Wait...What? » Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:43

Stevo20 wrote:, I guess if any of them even sparks a new idea for some creative genius in one of the Devs, then they have done their job and we will all benefit from their efforts.

Right on Stevo20, it's great to see all of the creativity going on around here lately!
Wait...What?
Growing Hen

Postby Fitzcarraldo » Sat Jul 21, 2007 19:21

Stevo20, I like your different takes on the "When art meets inspiration." I too feel that the Times Roman font looks out of place.

As for the S logo and text on the splash screen above, I like it very much too. Keep them coming!
Last edited by Fitzcarraldo on Sun Jul 22, 2007 2:02, edited 1 time in total.
Fitzcarraldo
Sagely Hen

Postby zouzou85 » Sat Jul 21, 2007 19:45

an awesome wallpaper, way to go stevo20
Ignorance is not shameful. Arrogantly ignoring and denying your ignorance is.
All men are capable of learning, except two: The Arrogant and The Shy.
zouzou85
Growing Hen

Postby Stevo20 » Sun Jul 22, 2007 0:42

I cant take credit for any of those wallpapers, the respective artists did all the work, I just slapped it on a black canvas and put it to a font...I'm just the postmaster, lol.

Last edited by Stevo20 on Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:35, edited 1 time in total.
Stevo20
Baby Hen

Postby Darksurf » Sun Jul 22, 2007 2:53

I like the idea of the new logos!! Don't get me wrong, I just don't care for the hen foot.
Darksurf
Old Dear Hen

Return to Artwork and Development Suggestions