Which Email Client Would You Prefer To See? Poll!

Discuss all artwork and development - Suggestions needed

Moderator: Moderators

Which E-mail Client

Thunderbird
60%
Evolution
8%
Kmail
23%
PIM
4%
Pine
No votes
Other - State Below
6%

Total votes : 53

Postby wolfden » Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:18

27 June 2007
Code: Select all
Love Thunderbird, but also need to manage your schedule?
Do it from within our popular email client.

http://www.mozilla.org/projects/calendar/

The Mozilla Calendar Project released Lightning and Sunbird 0.5 today, a major update to their free, open source calendar extension and calendar client. Lightning and Sunbird 0.5 offer a major user interface update, event invitations, printing improvements and better integration with Mozilla Thunderbird.

Lightning and Sunbird 0.5 are immediately available for Windows, Mac, or Linux operating systems in 22 languages as free downloads from the Calendar Project homepage.
wolfden
Sharecropper

Postby ajez » Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:22

R3MF wrote:frankly, Thunderbird is unsuitable and insufficient for business.

a full PIM suite is absolutely essential, and thunderbird simply isn't that.

your two only choices are evolution and Kontact.

when i ran an engineering development company i used suse on my laptop. i started with thunderbird because i was used to it under a previous windows laptop, but i quickly found that kontact was a life-saver.

given that sabayon is KDE centric i would opt for kontact rather than evolution.

well, here in office we r all using thunderbird except some co-worker with outlook on his laptop .. never had problems
--
Core Beta/Site,Blog,Forum Admin
ajez
The Blamed One

Postby R3MF » Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:39

wolfden wrote:27 June 2007
Code: Select all
Love Thunderbird, but also need to manage your schedule?
Do it from within our popular email client.

http://www.mozilla.org/projects/calendar/

The Mozilla Calendar Project released Lightning and Sunbird 0.5 today, a major update to their free, open source calendar extension and calendar client. Lightning and Sunbird 0.5 offer a major user interface update, event invitations, printing improvements and better integration with Mozilla Thunderbird.

Lightning and Sunbird 0.5 are immediately available for Windows, Mac, or Linux operating systems in 22 languages as free downloads from the Calendar Project homepage.

hilarious. i only just installed Sunbird v3.1 on my laptop the day before yesterday. new job, no suse yet.

and yes, right now i am using thunderbird.
Last edited by R3MF on Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:42, edited 1 time in total.
R3MF
Advanced Hen

Postby R3MF » Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:41

ajez wrote:
R3MF wrote:frankly, Thunderbird is unsuitable and insufficient for business.

a full PIM suite is absolutely essential, and thunderbird simply isn't that.

your two only choices are evolution and Kontact.

when i ran an engineering development company i used suse on my laptop. i started with thunderbird because i was used to it under a previous windows laptop, but i quickly found that kontact was a life-saver.

given that sabayon is KDE centric i would opt for kontact rather than evolution.

well, here in office we r all using thunderbird except some co-worker with outlook on his laptop .. never had problems

yes, it is very nice for email, and yes you can get a calender extension.

but it does not yet have full groupware integration, and it is not a full PIM suite.
R3MF
Advanced Hen

Postby ashley194 » Mon Jul 02, 2007 22:25

Just tried to install Lightning, (a plug-in for Thunderbird), unfortunately it doesn't support x64 yet :cry: So I'm running Sunbird as a seperate app :? What I really miss, is Microsoft office 2007 :lol: Suppose I can always borrow my wife's pc, if I'm missing it too much :shock:
ashley194
Technological Hen

Postby wolfden » Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:52

It does, just have to do some googling and find out how

:D

I can't remember off the top of my head
wolfden
Sharecropper

Postby node_one » Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:28

I currently use Thunderbird and will probably use it for some time. I would like to try Kmail/Kontact in more detail, but it has issues with my IMAP servers.
node_one
Young Hen

Postby ashley194 » Tue Jul 03, 2007 18:36

After some Googling (thanks wolfden), found what I was after, now have the Lightning x86-64 add-on in TB :D Here's the link if anyone wants it http://releases.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla ... 3/contrib/

Simply select the 'lightning-0.3.linux-x86_64-gcc3.xpi' & 'save target as...' & install from there!
ashley194
Technological Hen

Postby RaiSuli » Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:29

My favorite email program is Claws-Mail, it's fast, easy to use and highly configurable. So obviously it would be great, if it was supported, but seeing I'm the only so far voting for "other" I can also live with just emerging it after the install. :)
RaiSuli
Baby Hen

Postby csendesmark » Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:50

The Opera M2 is the best ;)
csendesmark
Simple Hen

PreviousNext

Return to Artwork and Development Suggestions