Texas Instruments Card Reader

Discuss all artwork and development - Suggestions needed

Moderator: Moderators

Texas Instruments Card Reader

Postby Darksurf » Tue May 22, 2007 17:23

tg3 is running, but KDE doesn't recognized the SD card.. I've had the module working before and at least reading my 32mb SD card, but it never seems to work with the official sabayon-sources. When I had the module working, I personally made myself an 2.6.21-rcX ebuild when it came out by kinda copying parts from the sabayon and gentoo sources ebuilds and doing a little editing on my part. Now the module FINDS the card but KDE doesn't and I cannot mount it... Why??

BTW, I am impressed to see you got the bcm43xx mac80211 driver working most properly! The 6th sense installer worked like a charm as well; Although, it took approximately 12 hours to complete. (its an overnight thing in my classification) All my settings were kept and I've yet to have a single problem. In fact it fixed a few of the problems I was having after I installed 3.3 . The menu button seems to be the correct size a boot up now. It was always too small until my mouse went over it, then it grew to the correct size.
Darksurf
Old Dear Hen

Postby TheOne » Tue May 29, 2007 6:50

I have managed to get it working or at least of the SD part of the Ti card reader PCIxx21. I have by add a few lines in the /etc/conf.d/local.start and /etc/modules.autoload.d/kernel-2.6.

Code: Select all
echo "setpci -s 05:09.3 4c.b=0x02" >> /etc/conf.d/local.start

echo "setpci -s 05:09.4 4c.b=0x02" >> /etc/conf.d/local.start

echo "mmc_block" >> /etc/modules.autoload.d/kernel-2.6

echo "mmc_core"  >> /etc/modules.autoload.d/kernel-2.6

From their it worked quite well for the sd card but not for the others. I can not remember the web site were I haved found the information though, Sorry about that.
TheOne
Baby Hen

Postby Dark_MaGe » Tue May 29, 2007 11:52

don't forget that you need udev rules to make it load and recognize correctly
Dark_MaGe
Your Farmer

Postby TheOne » Tue May 29, 2007 11:54

That I am not sure how to do yet. Is their a tutorial for that?
TheOne
Baby Hen

Postby Darksurf » Wed May 30, 2007 19:10

so what does this mean??? Sabayonlinux will or will not have this preinstalled on 3.4 ?? (working and ready to go I mean)
Darksurf
Old Dear Hen

Postby TheOne » Thu May 31, 2007 7:03

I dont know. But maybe. Will just have to wait and see. Hopeful the driver for iT card reader can fully support the the card reader some time soon
TheOne
Baby Hen

Return to Artwork and Development Suggestions