Input Device Support in Next Version

Discuss all artwork and development - Suggestions needed

Moderator: Moderators

Input Device Support in Next Version

Postby Perrako » Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:18

So the better wireless support in 3.3 was awesome and really helped... but a major stumbling block in Linux for me has always been input device support. Not just normal mouse and keyboard stuff, but advanced input devices, like multi-button mouses or ca-razy keyboards. I think this would go a long way towards making Sabayon even more out of the box.

Also, I know a major problem for this would be the ability to test these devices. If needed, I've got a few popular devices that would be worth testing that I'd donate my time with, like the Logitech MX Revolution, the Logitech G15 keyboard, and the Belkin Nostromo n52. And I'm aware that there are packages for the G15, but they have never worked correctly out of the box in Sabayon for me (They've been pains in the ass) and the MX Revolution seems to require some hacks to accomplish getting it working, such as binding it's location to udev and editing xorg.conf -- not exactly out of the box or newby friendly. In fact, I've yet to get it working after 6 or 7 hours spent upon it. Anyway, these are just my thoughts.
Baby Hen

Return to Artwork and Development Suggestions