Tasty wallpaper

Discuss all artwork and development - Suggestions needed

Moderator: Moderators

Postby terlmann » Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:02

the dark wavy red backdrop you are using now is not quite real. it needs more texture.more life.
it would not go any other way , that is a realworld object you have there, a glass of sabayon.
signature banned. User banned by the Sabayon Linux Forum Staff.
terlmann
Growing Hen

Postby Surfcat » Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:03

The background was a piece of black foam core sprayed with red paint. I was trying to keep it simple. Maybe too simple and the sabayon stands out too much. With this new color theme in mind, what will work as a background? Something that will add more interest and life to the shot while keeping the sabayon the main focus of the image.
Surfcat
Young Hen

Postby terlmann » Fri Mar 02, 2007 14:55

like i said, some silk or satin. the colors are absolutely perfect , it is just the sabayon seems a little out of place.not a lot, but slightly, ie this could be better with a little effort, but imho it is already great.
signature banned. User banned by the Sabayon Linux Forum Staff.
terlmann
Growing Hen

Postby terlmann » Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:12

I have done some more looking at your pic, and it seems you have only focused on the sabayon in the glass... any way you can do a multi shoot and get it all in sharp? also use a different glass ,
that one has a really thick stem - otherwise it is ideal.
terlmann
Growing Hen

Postby _aku » Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:35

The picture is shot with a macro lens, and a shallow DoF (depth of field), and I like the effect.
So, do not shoot a 'sharp' pic, like terlmann suggested.. I like the blurry background as it is.

Myself, I also like to shoot macro pics, and I always have the lens wide open, for shallow DoF..
( I have a Olympus evolt E-500, doesn't compare to your (Surfcat) 5D, even still it's pretty darn good )
Let's see if I can find something 'Sabayonish' to shoot, I'll post something (I guess).
_aku
Baby Hen

Postby terlmann » Sat Mar 03, 2007 16:02

it needs to be smaller... i checked out the files and used them for a day or so, the glass needs to be
about 2/3 smaller... it fills the screen and one cannot focus one an window and the sabayon
at the same time.
terlmann
Growing Hen

Previous

Return to Artwork and Development Suggestions