More options for accel-manager.

Discuss all artwork and development - Suggestions needed

Moderator: Moderators

More options for accel-manager.

Postby terlmann » Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:09

How about adding some options to the accel-settings thingy to make it where it could select the vid card you specify? I know it would mean some more coding , but It would make sure people got their cards accurately identified by sabayon.
signature banned. User banned by the Sabayon Linux Forum Staff.
terlmann
Growing Hen

hmmm.

Postby Darksurf » Tue Feb 20, 2007 17:41

That reminds me. I think I'd like a menu or something (this hurts to say it!) like in Dream linux which is debian based. I'd like a nice menu that allows you to choose and correctly install the driver of your choice such as a menu with "fglrx radeon nvidia ....." I can't ever seem to get the opengl to work correctly with the radeon module and I can't ever get 3d accel with fglrx so I'd be better of with the radeon module with aiglx if I could get opengl working!"
Darksurf
Old Dear Hen

Postby Darksurf » Thu Mar 01, 2007 18:56

I've got an idea for the desktop acceleration helpers! I think they need a button (like when you choose if you want aiglx or xgl) that says test aiglx. This would help many people who use the fglrx drivers to see if aiglx works with their drivers and card or not. Then just have it run aiglx and some tests. This could save some people the trouble of curiosity if it will work or not since some people have found them to work and some have not.
Darksurf
Old Dear Hen

Return to Artwork and Development Suggestions