Vote on 3.3 Theme

Discuss all artwork and development - Suggestions needed

Moderator: Moderators

Please read below, visit the links to check out the possible themes, and vote on which you like!

Option 1 - This is the 3.2 theme. Please continue looking like this!
43%
Option 2 - This is the next possible theme for 3.3. It's different, and pl
33%
Option 3 - I dislike them both to the point that I cannot support either over the other.
24%

Total votes : 49

Postby AmpLiF1eR » Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:11

I love something like this, futuristic and shiny (maybe with the logo faded in the background) , then added with some 3d looking panel background.

just to show you my taste when it has to be orange ..(or everything red and remove the orange)
here you have the wallpaper itself: http://img400.imageshack.us/img400/6415/sunrisegy9.jpg

look at: http://linuxmint.com/ for example and watch the transition from 'bea' to 'bianca' , everybody is trying to have a modern wallpaper these days :)

gr.
Amp
Last edited by AmpLiF1eR on Mon Feb 05, 2007 15:08, edited 7 times in total.
AmpLiF1eR
Old Dear Hen

Postby Dark_MaGe » Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:09

I think that every release must have something new...I like the orange version BUT we're going to introduce new things, and we need to have a new theme too, I've seen many GREAT wall papers in this forum, specially the 3d ones, so just choose the best one and we'll be on again, also ajez' idea of blue is not that bad but we should have a slow colour shift with each release, so I think let's set a colour we want to move to and shift to that (of course avoiding awful colours :P ) without heavy changes to the look but renewing ourself every time
Dark_MaGe
Your Farmer

Postby lxnay » Mon Feb 05, 2007 13:43

as I said, I'd prefer something brighter :)
and maybe:
- glossy
- simple
- clean
or (like 16.gif):
- very sensual
- slick
Join us on IRC (chat.freenode.net #sabayon or WebChat)
Submit bugs to our Bug Tracker
Follow me on Twitter
Add me on Facebook
Add me on Google+
lxnay
Land Owner

Postby promark » Mon Feb 05, 2007 13:56

Well if it is choice between those 2 stick with original Option 1, Option 2 is like an old hippies acid flashback (apologies to all old hippies out there)

To me a theme is not important I will change it to how I want it, and i'm sure that is the same for most users out there
promark
Simple Hen

Add ingredients and emphasize the claw plz

Postby whilo » Mon Feb 05, 2007 15:25

I like the old 3.0 theme the most, maybe one could add a litte bit more of the ingredients of Sabayon. This would give the style more appetite and emphasize a little bit more the speciality of Sabayon. Please do the 3.3 logo more crystal like and the style more like 3.0. A mixture of 3.2 and 3.0 please. You should give the claw more contrast and more crystal style. Maybe emphasize the logo less on the round corner but more on the claw.

Cheers,
whilo
whilo
Simple Hen

Postby joost » Mon Feb 05, 2007 16:22

Stick to the 3.2 look...

This 3.3 thing is a bad idea, as it doesnt look in anyway like the previous version. It would be better to use another "flower" with the same colors.
joost
Sagely Hen

Postby navman » Mon Feb 05, 2007 16:24

The second choice doesn't represent the quality or standard I would look for in sabayon
navman
navman
Growing Hen

Postby senofed » Mon Feb 05, 2007 19:22

from what i've seen from squarebottle, everything looks excellent. but i also agree with fabio: sleek, clean and shiny is the way to go. a nice polished interface is something that can be attractive but still have usability. remember.. we're linux.. with balls.
senofed
Simple Hen

Postby AmpLiF1eR » Mon Feb 05, 2007 19:54

senofed wrote:from what i've seen from squarebottle, everything looks excellent. but i also agree with fabio: sleek, clean and shiny is the way to go. a nice polished interface is something that can be attractive but still have usability. remember.. we're linux.. with balls.

I agree, but Linux must loose the 'boring' reputation when it comes to looks, so I hope it will not be an orange plain wallpaper like Mandriva One 2007, that really sucks :P

To be honest, I have tried different orange wallpapers today for about 2 hours, also used glassy wallpapers which came in blue and changed the palettes to orange with gimp and came to 1 conclusion (for myself): when you change a nice blue, green or red wallpaper to orange , then it's spoiled. The color doesn't have the 'feel' that other colors have.
The only orange wallpapers that have some sensitivity are sunsets which make the water or sky orange at night, but those ones are not bright , always a little dark.

After this conclusion I begun to worry, because I do like the default wallpaper of 3.2 (a little) so now I think it can only be worser then that when orange is used so after all I hope that this wallpaper will stay how it is :P

gr.
Amp

p.s. Color Psychology: http://www.infoplease.com/spot/colors1.html and http://psychology.about.com/od/sensatio ... rpsych.htm
Last edited by AmpLiF1eR on Mon Feb 05, 2007 20:24, edited 5 times in total.
AmpLiF1eR
Old Dear Hen

Postby Jesterhead » Mon Feb 05, 2007 20:02

I´ve voted for No. 2.

Reason:

Its something new.
I really like it if a Distribution awaits me with a complete "experience", this means something new, something that differs.

Sure, everybody can adjust the settings to his own needs.
But the first look is always the most impressive one.

This means for me:
Grub-Splash, Boot-Splash, Login Manager, Desktop, Icons (maybe even the sandwatch in kde´s task list when starting a program "hint,hint")
Everything should be unique, and should create a new look and feel.
Jesterhead
Old Dear Hen

PreviousNext

Return to Artwork and Development Suggestions