Vote on 3.3 Theme

Discuss all artwork and development - Suggestions needed

Moderator: Moderators

Please read below, visit the links to check out the possible themes, and vote on which you like!

Option 1 - This is the 3.2 theme. Please continue looking like this!
43%
Option 2 - This is the next possible theme for 3.3. It's different, and pl
33%
Option 3 - I dislike them both to the point that I cannot support either over the other.
24%

Total votes : 49

Vote on 3.3 Theme

Postby Square Bottle » Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:11

Your opinion actually matters. Please vote once yourself, and get your friends to vote too (even the ones that don't use Sabayon or linux at all), and your parents and their friends. We're trying to get a very wide sampling.

Anyway, here's what you're voting between. It's a comparison.

Option 1) http://shots.osdir.com/slideshows/758/16.gif

Option 2) http://www.sabayonlinux.org/sabayon/tea ... 00x600.png

Option 3) I dislike them both to the point that I cannot support either over the other.

Honesty is the best policy; please be true to your feelings when you vote.
My soul hurts. Please read what happened. It hurts, and nothing will happen. Perhaps they will try to soothe their conscience by removing this from my signature, so read it, and talk about it.
Square Bottle
Growing Hen

Postby cvill64 » Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:12

Also, only constructive criticism will be accepted
cvill64
Sagely Hen

We're orange

Postby debatem1 » Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:14

Listen, I don't like orange. Never have, never will. That having been said, this looks pretty darn good. It could be darker, it could be less orange, but without being black as midnight and twice as un-tiger-colored, this is as good as it gets. I like it, and thats my vote.
debatem1
Baby Hen

Postby Square Bottle » Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:25

cvill64 wrote:Also, only constructive criticism will be accepted

My personal stance is that all criticism is constructive, even the "u suk" stuff (it's just second-rate), so please leave even that stuff, if only for me. But thanks for watching out for me. I really do appreciate the thought. Honest. :D

<3
My soul hurts. Please read what happened. It hurts, and nothing will happen. Perhaps they will try to soothe their conscience by removing this from my signature, so read it, and talk about it.
Square Bottle
Growing Hen

Postby Pjotrek » Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:35

Please tell me the new theme is a joke, right?
I'd get schizophrenic looking at that!
Keep the old one, its soothing, it's beautiful, it's part of Sabayonlinux' success!
Pjotrek
Young Hen

Postby Goatee » Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:57

Include both, and let the user choose at first login!
Goatee
Sharecropper

LEAVE IT THE WAY IT IS!!!

Postby JimsBenz » Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:16

LEAVE IT THE WAY IT IS (3.2 & 3.26). Why change it. The color is unique and "Sabayon"!!! When you see it, it belongs.... I LOVE blue but when I see these bright orange colors I smile and say :

"That's Sabayon, the NEW computer OPERATING SYSTEM, can I make you a copy to try, this is the way Bill Gates wanted VISTA to look and work!! SABAYON's new '07 version, 3.3 will be released shortly. It didn't take these guys 5 years to release the best! Here, give it a try!"

That's how good I feel about it, and I contribute to it monetarily so it will constantly stay ahead and better than any computer operating system available today or tomorrow, even if YOU never make any changes it is still the best!!!! Keep up the GREAT work guys and I will continue to support you both financially (as I have) and morally!

JimR
JimsBenz
Baby Hen

Postby AmpLiF1eR » Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:29

I don't like orange too and probably never will.
I would like it if the orange changed to signal red for example.

My bigger note is that, I don't like the 'flatness' on a modern system.
Like the taskbar for example, it's default KDE with tranparancy enabled, while it can look better with an '3d' background.
Wallpapers with some 'glassy' or ' glossy' (3d or not) look for example will look good, especially when it's red not orange.

But I think the sabayon theme has another taste then me so I would change it anyway, I don't feel anything with orange and like futuristic glossy/glassy looks so I will change it always to my personal preferences.
I like it when people stare at my screen because it looks like a jewel, orange just don't do that for me, even when I live in the Netherlands and orange is our color for sports (like in soccer) :)

If I have to choose between the mentioned wallpapers above, please keep the old one, the second one looks like trippin on some LSD.

gr.
Amp

p.s. see the image of the signature below my post , you see that 3d looking shine over it ? Something like that is missing for me as a background for the default looking panels, just some depth to everything :)
AmpLiF1eR
Old Dear Hen

Postby frogimus » Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:47

Not feeling the new one. Too orange. Too flat (to 2nd Amp). Much too 70's psychadelic. If I still smoked weed, I might like it but...

Although I'm not crazy about a flower background, there was something about the Red/Orange/Brown color scheme that really got my attention. Not sure what sabayon (the dessert) looks like, but if it has that color scheme, I'd definitely eat it.

Maybe some variations to the artwork, but not to the colors! I think the color scheme should be your (TM)

my .02
frogimus
Growing Hen

Postby ajez » Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:02

i think something less psycadelic would be better .. and i'll suggest something with less red/orange.. a lot of people got tired about orange ... blue/black are better colours ...
--
Core Beta/Site,Blog,Forum Admin
ajez
The Blamed One

Next

Return to Artwork and Development Suggestions