Jolly good artwork, 13.08

Discuss all artwork and development - Suggestions needed

Moderator: Moderators

Jolly good artwork, 13.08

Postby BoeroBoy » Wed Jul 24, 2013 14:28

No disrespect to the artist who did that blue layered splash screen, but last nights updates are much easier on the eyes. Loving it. I'll have to contribute my own splash screen some day.

Keep it up, artists!
BoeroBoy
Simple Hen

Re: Jolly good artwork, 13.08

Postby ReemZ » Thu Jul 25, 2013 15:29

It's the same artist ;)
And I couldn't disagree more: the yellow-and-pink one was beyond terrible, childish and screamy, and today's "improvement" is only a slight one: from a Carebears colour scheme to poop.

Seriously Ian, what were you on mate? And where can I get some? :lol:
Handtekening? Zeg...ik ga niet op m'n monitor schrijven!
ReemZ
Old Dear Hen

Postby lxnay » Thu Jul 25, 2013 15:43

Rémy, the more you complain, the more the artwork will stay. How about this? :-) :P
Join us on IRC (chat.freenode.net #sabayon or WebChat)
Submit bugs to our Bug Tracker
Follow me on Twitter
Add me on Facebook
Add me on Google+
lxnay
Land Owner

Postby BoeroBoy » Thu Jul 25, 2013 15:59

Bah! You don't like it, you offer up something better. Challenge!
BoeroBoy
Simple Hen

Postby ReemZ » Thu Jul 25, 2013 16:35

lxnay wrote:Rémy, the more you complain, the more the artwork will stay. How about this? :-) :P

package.mask is such a beautiful thing :mrgreen:

BoeroBoy wrote:Bah! You don't like it, you offer up something better. Challenge!

I do. I offer feedback :twisted:
ReemZ
Old Dear Hen

Postby tekwyzrd » Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:24

lxnay wrote:Rémy, the more you complain, the more the artwork will stay. How about this? :-) :P

I don't like the new splash either. Too glaring and hard on the eyes. Has Sabayon reached a point where users are punished for stating they don't like something?
Former Sabayon user (2005 - 2013) and current Arch user.
I liked Sabayon until it switched to Rigo and becoming the gentoo equivalent of Ubuntu. Extreme browsing? Extreme gaming? Extreme work? Extreme development? Like, totally gnarly, dude!
tekwyzrd
Technological Hen

Postby Stupot » Fri Jul 26, 2013 18:00

tekwyzrd wrote:

I don't like the new splash either. Too glaring and hard on the eyes. Has Sabayon reached a point where users are punished for stating they don't like something?

Don't take things so seriously. It's artwork. And it's crazy simple to use different artwork. Lxnay was just joking around. The artwork isn't going to stay just to spite anybody, but it is probably going to stay.
Stupot
Sagely Hen

Postby Provia » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:07

Trolololololololo :D
AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 250 Processor
4 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz
Nvidia Geforce 9800 GT
Sabayon Linux x64 KDE Limbo
Provia
Advanced Hen

Postby ReemZ » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:45

Provia wrote:

Trolololololololo :D

This forum needs a 'Like' button :mrgreen:
ReemZ
Old Dear Hen

Postby thecata » Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:08

I've been meaning to post this suggestion ever since this new artwork came around Sabayon, but I guess I never found the time.

I'm not saying the new artwork isn't nice (I use fedora at work, and that looks worse, even though it seems to use a very similar color palette). I'm just trying to say that I would prefer to use an extra Sabayon "dark theme" rather than this, which is quite bright for my taste. For example, I've set "Obsidian coast" for my KDE color theme (black background), I use Solarized for konsole (lower contrast than the old green on black), eclipse, etc. I use Sabayon on my laptop, and I mostly use that after work, and watching a dark screen in those late hours is less stressful on the eyes (I'm guessing it's a bit friendlier to the laptop battery as well).

Coming back to the original idea: is it possible to have two options in the artwork? (eselect-able would probably be best, but if the choice is available in KDE/gnome system settings it could be enough for most users). One option would be for a bright theme (in my book, the current theme goes here), one for a darker one.

PS: In case you were wondering, I use dark themes on my Fedora box at work too, but with custom un-matching wallpapers (for boot screen, login and so on... I don't boot that machine too often, so it's not such a big problem). I'm asking for the Sabayon artwork team's help because so far, they seem to have better taste than I do for picking cool looking stuff.
Catalin Pol
Linux user since 2004; Sabayon user since 2006
thecata
Simple Hen

Next

Return to Artwork and Development Suggestions