Add install options to Anaconda-for the devs!! :-)

Discuss all artwork and development - Suggestions needed

Moderator: Moderators

these actually might be usefull!!

yes
94%
no
6%

Total votes : 35

Postby terlmann » Tue Feb 20, 2007 20:16

thanks! and that's just it: you describe the issue exactly :D
signature banned. User banned by the Sabayon Linux Forum Staff.
terlmann
Growing Hen

Postby jsyjr » Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:02

This seems like a small but useful first step. Some while back I wrote on a similar subject:

http://www.sabayonlinux.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1285
jsyjr
Baby Hen

Postby Goatee » Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:08

Who's gonna be on the dev team then?
Goatee
Sharecropper

I wish.....

Postby Darksurf » Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:13

I'm not a programmer yet. :( This makes me sad every time I see a chance to help Sabayon or the linux community by programming and I don't know programming yet.... I'm in qbasic right now which is the requirement for programming. I have to take it first before I can take c++. Out of curiosity what languages are the best to learn for programming linux programs for now and future. Is python good. I know we use it a lot now, but will we in the future? is it fading? I know I need to know C. I want to also learn assembly ;)
Darksurf
Old Dear Hen

Postby Goatee » Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:15

i know python and shell, so if i write it it'll be mostly python
Goatee
Sharecropper

Re: I wish.....

Postby Mike » Wed Feb 28, 2007 18:31

Darksurf wrote:I'm not a programmer yet. :( This makes me sad every time I see a chance to help Sabayon or the linux community by programming and I don't know programming yet.... I'm in qbasic right now which is the requirement for programming. I have to take it first before I can take c++. Out of curiosity what languages are the best to learn for programming linux programs for now and future. Is python good. I know we use it a lot now, but will we in the future? is it fading? I know I need to know C. I want to also learn assembly ;)

If you really want to learn C++ just look around there's a lot of free guides for C++ on the internet. Python isn't very good for system level software but it's great for anything else. D seems very promising. You also might want to look into BitC, it seems interesting.
Mike
Young Hen

Postby Darksurf » Thu Mar 01, 2007 18:53

:shock: Really?? ThanX :shock: I've never heard of D before :? I'll have to look into it. Thanx again! :D
Darksurf
Old Dear Hen

Postby terlmann » Fri Mar 02, 2007 22:53

is there anyone else who wants to help out here? I think 26 votes and 1500 views are cool , but :twisted:
ahah! I want more! /me is :greedy:^100
terlmann
Growing Hen

Postby terlmann » Fri Mar 02, 2007 22:53

is there anyone else who wants to help out here? I think 26 votes and 1500 views are cool , but :twisted:
ahah! I want more! /me is :greedy:^100
terlmann
Growing Hen

Postby terlmann » Thu May 03, 2007 23:51

Well , some of the things discussed here are actually taking place now , so I will add a few more !
- - -
I propose that in 3.4 there be as well :
more WMs! that means : Afterstep and FVWM-Crystal.
my reasoning for this request is that you have removed xfce , and that leaves room for some more hot up and coming software. (wolfden: yes , I have emerged them. :-P)

I also ask that IceWM be included . when set to a particular theme , and used in gnome by beryl as the WM , it looks strangely like another popular os....(MS)... some might think that bad... feel free to comment on this one buds.

Sauerbraten Spring Update - although I know you won't fail me already :)
I saw some sabayon users online actually playing this(the included one on 3.3) . I rate it a 5 out of five. now if only the newest version will stop crashing my vid card...

The Cool Kmenu replacement first examined by wolfden(out of those here ) http://www.kde-look.org/content/show.php?content=41866

Udept - you really have to get this installed by default - it makes things soo much easier.
true , it only takes a moment to emerge it , but what if it came by default?
one less instruction for newbs.or one more. depends on how much you plan to do.
- - -
Also , could you set the upgrade mechanism in anaconda to not override the Make.conf by default , or at least back it up? PLEASE ?
:cry:
terlmann
Growing Hen

PreviousNext

Return to Artwork and Development Suggestions