SabayonConky

Discuss all artwork and development - Suggestions needed

Moderator: Moderators

Post Reply
dalian
Young Hen
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2013 15:00

SabayonConky

Post by dalian » Thu Feb 14, 2013 22:20

I've decided to experiment a little with gimp ( to confirm that my transition from Photoshop is complete >:] ) and with this occasion, made a conky. It's exclusively for Sabayon, since there are few to none out there. The source code isn't written from scratch, just taken from somewhere and modified accordingly. The text looks bad because I was pretty much in a hurry and didn't spend any time configuring it. Feel free to toy with the fonts and colors. It doesn't use any lua, since it's basically the text over png images. I personally am having problems with the alignment, so if it doesn't work properly tell me, or, if you know your way around .conkyrc, fix it. Because I sure as hell don't. The reason why there's no networking is because I was having problems with the code.

Image


You can download the images and the .conkyrc here :

Code: Select all

http://speedy.sh/cYHrJ/conky.zip
For those who don't know, just extract/decompress both the files to /home/user/ and run the conky command from the terminal.

Also, the CPU usage is set to 3 cpu's because I have a Tripe Core. If you have a quad core, search for the CPU code lines, and add this just underneath the 3rd cpu:

Code: Select all

${goto 105}CPU4  Usage: ${font Droid Sans:style=Bold:size=8}${color3}${cpu cpu4}%${font}${color} 
If you have less, just delete or comment the unnecessary lines.
Last edited by dalian on Fri Feb 15, 2013 16:02, edited 1 time in total.

Ryuno-Ki
Old Dear Hen
Posts: 471
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 22:15
Location: Southern Germany
Contact:

Re: SabayonConky

Post by Ryuno-Ki » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:24

Your zip archive isn't unzippable:

Code: Select all

$ unzip conky.zip 
Archive:  conky.zip
  End-of-central-directory signature not found.  Either this file is not
  a zipfile, or it constitutes one disk of a multi-part archive.  In the
  latter case the central directory and zipfile comment will be found on
  the last disk(s) of this archive.
unzip:  cannot find zipfile directory in one of conky.zip or
        conky.zip.zip, and cannot find conky.zip.ZIP, period.
Since the .conkyrc is a small file, you could just paste the content in a codebox here …
German Wiki translator ◆ Want to contribute on the wiki? Ask the Bureaucrats!
Please, mark solved threads ◆ Posts unread and unansweredPackage requests

dalian
Young Hen
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2013 15:00

Re: SabayonConky

Post by dalian » Fri Feb 15, 2013 13:21

Ryuno-Ki wrote:Your zip archive isn't unzippable:

Code: Select all

$ unzip conky.zip 
Archive:  conky.zip
  End-of-central-directory signature not found.  Either this file is not
  a zipfile, or it constitutes one disk of a multi-part archive.  In the
  latter case the central directory and zipfile comment will be found on
  the last disk(s) of this archive.
unzip:  cannot find zipfile directory in one of conky.zip or
        conky.zip.zip, and cannot find conky.zip.ZIP, period.
Since the .conkyrc is a small file, you could just paste the content in a codebox here …
Are you sure it's not your problem ? I managed to unzip it on both my Linux Machine and my Android Phone ;/
And even if I did paste the code, you'd still need the images.

Ryuno-Ki
Old Dear Hen
Posts: 471
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 22:15
Location: Southern Germany
Contact:

Re: SabayonConky

Post by Ryuno-Ki » Fri Feb 15, 2013 14:32

dalian wrote:Are you sure it's not your problem ? I managed to unzip it on both my Linux Machine and my Android Phone ;/
And even if I did paste the code, you'd still need the images.
Yeah, I AM sure. Instead of downloading the archive I am redirected to a dating website -.-"
Sorry, but I don't trust your paste service.
I tested it on different machines, OS' and browsers: Linux/Windows, Firefox/Opera/Chrome.
German Wiki translator ◆ Want to contribute on the wiki? Ask the Bureaucrats!
Please, mark solved threads ◆ Posts unread and unansweredPackage requests

dalian
Young Hen
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2013 15:00

Re: SabayonConky

Post by dalian » Fri Feb 15, 2013 16:02

Ryuno-Ki wrote:
dalian wrote:Are you sure it's not your problem ? I managed to unzip it on both my Linux Machine and my Android Phone ;/
And even if I did paste the code, you'd still need the images.
Yeah, I AM sure. Instead of downloading the archive I am redirected to a dating website -.-"
Sorry, but I don't trust your paste service.
I tested it on different machines, OS' and browsers: Linux/Windows, Firefox/Opera/Chrome.
Dating site, dafuq.
Might be because the host is romanian. -.-
Here try this one.

Code: Select all

http://speedy.sh/cYHrJ/conky.zip

Symbolic
Simple Hen
Posts: 74
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:43
Location: Castions di Strada (UD)-Italy

Re: SabayonConky

Post by Symbolic » Fri Feb 15, 2013 17:28

Very nice. :)

Ryuno-Ki
Old Dear Hen
Posts: 471
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 22:15
Location: Southern Germany
Contact:

Re: SabayonConky

Post by Ryuno-Ki » Fri Feb 15, 2013 21:59

dalian wrote:Here try this one.

Code: Select all

http://speedy.sh/cYHrJ/conky.zip
This works.

I needed some time to notice, that all files were hidden … so, what do you want to improve there now?
German Wiki translator ◆ Want to contribute on the wiki? Ask the Bureaucrats!
Please, mark solved threads ◆ Posts unread and unansweredPackage requests

dalian
Young Hen
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2013 15:00

Re: SabayonConky

Post by dalian » Fri Feb 15, 2013 23:59

Ryuno-Ki wrote:
dalian wrote:Here try this one.

Code: Select all

http://speedy.sh/cYHrJ/conky.zip
This works.

I needed some time to notice, that all files were hidden … so, what do you want to improve there now?
Mainly the font and color of the text.

Ryuno-Ki
Old Dear Hen
Posts: 471
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 22:15
Location: Southern Germany
Contact:

Re: SabayonConky

Post by Ryuno-Ki » Sat Feb 16, 2013 14:53

dalian wrote:Mainly the font and color of the text.
1.) You don't have to fullquote every time ;-)
2.) Regarding to the configuration settings, use

Code: Select all

${color #009bf9}
where #009bf9 is the hex code of the colour after the TEXT statement. If you don't familiar with it, then there are several websites like this out there to consult ;-)
3.) You can use

Code: Select all

font fontname
or

Code: Select all

xftfont xftfontname
to specify the font (before TEXT). For example: xftfont Comic sans MS:size=10

There are many .conkyrc out there to consult and get an idea :-)
Again, thanks for sharing your work.
German Wiki translator ◆ Want to contribute on the wiki? Ask the Bureaucrats!
Please, mark solved threads ◆ Posts unread and unansweredPackage requests

dalian
Young Hen
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2013 15:00

Re: SabayonConky

Post by dalian » Sat Feb 16, 2013 15:41

Ryuno-Ki wrote:There are many .conkyrc out there to consult and get an idea :-)
Again, thanks for sharing your work.
I know how to change the font as well as the values.
I just meant I wanted to find better configurations for it, like a better-looking font and color, but then again, everyone has different desktops and should therefore configure it themselves.
For example, I use this for my grey wallpaper.
Image

Post Reply