Coding and Ebuilds Developers

Discuss all artwork and development - Suggestions needed

Moderator: Moderators

Coding and Ebuilds Developers

Postby cvill64 » Thu Nov 30, 2006 3:31

Hello all :)

As we expand we will require more programmers and people to help ebuild, to effectively join the developers team in custom solutions for SabayonLinux and ebuilds that are custom to SL or that need to be maintained as a different line, or for programs that have not made their way to portage that we may desire (to be submitted to gentoo's bugzilla and hopefully included in portage later)

Please post here your email/jabber account, your experience, what languages you know, and (if any) area's of interest or where you can do the best.

All people contacted will be put on the "dev-in-training" list until they are accepted as full developers and will be given @sabayonlinux.org email and jabber accounts.

I hope to work with you all soon :)

PS: Currently we are looking for _very_ experienced people to become the Developer Coordinator and Co-coordinator who will interact directly with cvill64 and lxnay and then delegate duties to other developers in their team.
cvill64
Sagely Hen

Postby Appleman1234 » Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:01

cvill64: You already have my email and my details, and I have to start learning ebuild writing sometime ;)

BTW I am interested in your PS :).
Appleman1234
Old Dear Hen

Postby acerbix » Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:49

I having been using linux since 1994 (Slackware v1.00 A) and most recenty Gento since 2003. I can code in C/C++, java, and shell scripting. Would be happy to help any way possible.

Cheers
acerbix
Baby Hen

Postby Goatee » Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:25

You know about me, when my project matures, i'll mail you with the details.
Goatee
Sharecropper

Postby pajamabama » Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:10

I've got a BS in Computer Science and am almost done with MS in Engineering. I've also got a degree in Theater Arts. I'm currently employed as a computer engineer.

I can do Java, C/C++, Python, others as needed.

I've been using linux for only about 2 years but I'm pretty much an addict at this point. I'd love to help out as a developer or ebuilder (though I really don't know anything about that - I used suse up until 2 months ago).

See my current resume here

I hope to hear from you soon.

[email protected]
HP dv6000t
SabayonLinux 5.5 - x86_64

www.pedorro.com
pajamabama
Growing Hen

Postby Appleman1234 » Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:22

As you may or may not know cvill64 has resigned from the project if you are still interested in contributing or developing can you contact me, Dark Mage or lxnay.
Appleman1234
Old Dear Hen

Postby walrus » Fri Jun 22, 2007 13:15

Well Appleman1234 I havn't posted 5 comments so i cant pm you, but am am 4 years into a B. Computer Science / B. Computer Systems Engineering double degree and i would love to get involved in sabayon. I have been using linux on and off for 6 years and have been using gentoo since 1.4. I have coding experience in Java, C, C++, C# and assembly as well as some scripting languages. I am willing to learn any new languages as well.
walrus
Baby Hen

Postby voxiac » Fri Jun 22, 2007 13:53

walrus wrote:Well Appleman1234 I havn't posted 5 comments so i cant pm you, but am am 4 years into a B. Computer Science / B. Computer Systems Engineering double degree and i would love to get involved in sabayon. I have been using linux on and off for 6 years and have been using gentoo since 1.4. I have coding experience in Java, C, C++, C# and assembly as well as some scripting languages. I am willing to learn any new languages as well.

Very tragic but true is that Appleman1234 has resigned too (but don't contact me - I'm nobody here ;)).
voxiac
Advanced Hen

Postby walrus » Fri Jun 22, 2007 14:15

ohh, Where are they all going? I Hope this doesn't go the way of Gentoo with all the good developers leaving.
walrus
Baby Hen

Postby voxiac » Fri Jun 22, 2007 15:00

walrus wrote:ohh, Where are they all going? I Hope this doesn't go the way of Gentoo with all the good developers leaving.

Let's hope so... I don't know much about this though...
Meanwhile you can have a look at their SVN:
http://www.sabayonlinux.org/wiki/index. ... eckout_SVN
I've tried that myself but being only a mediocre Python programmer (hobbyist really) I didn't understand much of that stuff. Hope it makes more sence to you ;).
voxiac
Advanced Hen

Next

Return to Artwork and Development Suggestions