Music during boot suggestions

Discuss all artwork and development - Suggestions needed

Moderator: Moderators

light
Young Hen

Music during boot suggestions

Post by light » Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:24

Dear Devs,

I think that the music you have chosen is a great tune, and it was good of you to provide the option of "No music" to those who dislike it. As a humble suggestion though, maybe we can have more variety? I mean you can include classical, rock, pop, etc. Just make 4 genres, or five if you like. I was thinking about it when I remembered about KXStudio install. It lets you choose a genre (out of three, I think) and they have quite a high-quality music (I personally prefer their classical one, it just feels good). And if the music is without words you don't need a big file as you can just play it in the loop (just don't make it too short for people to get annoyed), and nobody will really notice that it is repeating.

You have a lot of entries in the boot menu and I don't think that increasing them by providing options to choose genre will be a good idea, but maybe it can be done as a sub-menu?
Maybe it was asked before, if it was I am sorry for asking again.

Fitzcarraldo
Sagely Hen

Re: Music during boot suggestions

Post by Fitzcarraldo » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:34

I'll move this to the Artwork and Development Suggestions shed (forum), as it's a development suggestion of sorts.

ReemZ
Old Dear Hen

Post by ReemZ » Mon Oct 11, 2010 13:27

I vote in favour of this motion! :mrgreen:
Handtekening? Zeg...ik ga niet op m'n monitor schrijven!

Thev00d00
Generally Awesome (tm)

Post by Thev00d00 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 14:02

The issue then is where can we put this choice? We will have way to many boot entries.
Please report Bugs on the Bugzilla, not forum
Please Adopt an Unanswered thread
Website / Blog : v00d00.net
twitter: Follow Me
G+: Circle Me

ReemZ
Old Dear Hen

Post by ReemZ » Mon Oct 11, 2010 15:02

Thev00d00 wrote:The issue then is where can we put this choice? We will have way to many boot entries.
light wrote:(...)
You have a lot of entries in the boot menu and I don't think that increasing them by providing options to choose genre will be a good idea, but maybe it can be done as a sub-menu?
Is this possible?
Handtekening? Zeg...ik ga niet op m'n monitor schrijven!

light
Young Hen

Post by light » Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:17

I am not sure, but can we utilize options? I mean press F7 for music choice. just like changing resolution or something. I have no acces to SL right now, I cannot check if their boot opion with music and without are different. Can anyone verify? Somehow the music is started during boot, so I presume some directory with music file is specified, some audio player is started. Or is it done in some other way? I am not sure about this.