What is the most annoying bug in Sabayon?

Discuss all artwork and development - Suggestions needed

Moderator: Moderators

brunox69
Young Hen

Re: What is the most annoying bug in Sabayon?

Post by brunox69 » Sat Nov 14, 2009 18:23

One thing that annoys me is that two volume control interfaces is loaded by default at my gnome desktop, one of them even doesn't work anymore at Sabayon 5.0, but it is easily resolved by unchecking one of them at "session applications" (or something similar), another thing that occurs at 5.0 is that multimedia keyboard volume control hot keys stopped working, it appears a volume bar that isn't effective.
Other is that Firefox and Open Office are in English even when a choose Brazilian Portuguese installation.
And the most annoying for me has already been cited here my wifi connection keeps drooping randomly, and sometimes it keep ours without connecting so a use a 20 meters cable that cross all my apartment to keep my internet on ¬¬

sabian
Young Hen

Post by sabian » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:08

Using volume control from the multimedia kills X for me in 64 bit KDE

[email protected] ~ $ uname -a
Linux minty 2.6.31-sabayon #1 SMP Mon Mar 1 19:17:04 UTC 2010 x86_64 AMD Phenom(tm) 9550 Quad-Core Processor AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux

Is there a workaround? or a way to debug it?
-Sabian
--I am the Negotiator

lort2k
Baby Hen

Post by lort2k » Wed Mar 24, 2010 18:58

I cannot think of any particular bug that annoys me the most but from my experience with Sabayon is that it never had a stable bug-free version - Well, okay I know there's no such thing as a bug-free OS in this world but let's think about it, with every fresh Sabayon version and a fresh install you get a fresh bug. There's nothing wrong with hardware support I love Sabayon for that 10 out of 10, but there's always something wrong with either entropy or fulfur or with the interface or network manager - always something goes wrong.

That was the reason I gave Ubuntu - another - chance (I've been trying Ubuntu since the earliest versions and it just wouldn't work on my computers) and 9.04 was fantastic, well at least for 3 months in a row that is when Gnome decided that needed update and after that it kept crashing like mad.

That is why I said I'll see how Sabayon is doing since it moved from 4.0 to 5.1 and I really regret it now coz I'm stuck with a buggy OS, that I can't work with, since my CD Writer broke down for some weird reason.

I really love Sabayon, the Dev Team is doing fantastic but I think we need more beta testers so that Sabayon can get better.

that's all I had to say - I just had to take these out of my chest through my hands on to the keyboard to this post :)

ReemZ
Old Dear Hen

Post by ReemZ » Wed Mar 24, 2010 19:02

lort2k wrote:fulfur
Please don't speak with your mouth full, that's bad manners :mrgreen:
Handtekening? Zeg...ik ga niet op m'n monitor schrijven!

lort2k
Baby Hen

Post by lort2k » Wed Mar 24, 2010 20:02

ReemZ wrote:
lort2k wrote:fulfur
Please don't speak with your mouth full, that's bad manners :mrgreen:
haha :) I meant Sulfur.

Thev00d00
Generally Awesome (tm)

Post by Thev00d00 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:48

sabian wrote:Using volume control from the multimedia kills X for me in 64 bit KDE

[email protected] ~ $ uname -a
Linux minty 2.6.31-sabayon #1 SMP Mon Mar 1 19:17:04 UTC 2010 x86_64 AMD Phenom(tm) 9550 Quad-Core Processor AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux

Is there a workaround? or a way to debug it?
-Sabian
Open a bug report with your X.org log attached, kernel, xorg-server, display driver and evdev driver versions.
Please report Bugs on the Bugzilla, not forum
Please Adopt an Unanswered thread
Website / Blog : v00d00.net
twitter: Follow Me
G+: Circle Me

Thev00d00
Generally Awesome (tm)

Post by Thev00d00 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:50

lort2k wrote:I really love Sabayon, the Dev Team is doing fantastic but I think we need more beta testers so that Sabayon can get better.
We are *always* looking for people to join the testers team. :wink:
Please report Bugs on the Bugzilla, not forum
Please Adopt an Unanswered thread
Website / Blog : v00d00.net
twitter: Follow Me
G+: Circle Me

Panuzio
Advanced Hen
Location: Firenze, Toscana, Italia (Florence, Tuscany, Italy)

Post by Panuzio » Fri Oct 08, 2010 19:11

I tried many versions of Sabayon and Gentoo, and I have to say the same as albfneto, who I regard, said about Portage and Entropy.

But, the most annoying bug is connected to Pulseaudio. :shock: :pale: :scratch: :evil:
I'm using my new notebook, Asus U30JC, and the/this sound system not works.
I not remember how exclude Pulseaudio, but I remember that in this forum there is a thread about this argument.
Pulseaudio never worked on all PCs in which I installed Sabayon. I didn't ever installed Ubuntu on these PCs, and I can't say if Pulseaudio works on it (when I Installed Arch, I excluded Pulseaudio by default).

Besides, on my last PC, the Asus I wrote above, the X server has some issues I not completely understood, sorry.
The Asus EeePC 1008 HA worked fine till the last roll-upgrade to 5.3, when the server X was totally disarranged.
Francesco
Ride of Sabayon (Mania) penguins
Gnome is dead!
Gnome 2 forever!

Linux sabayon 4.8.0-sabayon #1 SMP Thu Dec 22 15:22:00 UTC 2016 x86_64 Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU M 350 @ 2.27GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux

dunsurfin
Sagely Hen

Post by dunsurfin » Fri Oct 08, 2010 19:28

Panuzio wrote: I not remember how exclude Pulseaudio, but I remember that in this forum there is a thread about this argument.
http://forum.sabayon.org/viewtopic.php? ... io#p123398 may help.
Self-righteousness is a loud din raised to drown the voice of guilt within us - Eric Hoffer

Don't believe what it says on the right - I am anything but sagely; More oniony!

Panuzio
Advanced Hen
Location: Firenze, Toscana, Italia (Florence, Tuscany, Italy)

Post by Panuzio » Sat Oct 09, 2010 14:01

dunsurfin wrote:
Panuzio wrote: I not remember how exclude Pulseaudio, but I remember that in this forum there is a thread about this argument.
http://forum.sabayon.org/viewtopic.php? ... io#p123398 may help.
Thanks a lot, but the thread I (not exactly) remember is old, made by Fitzcarraldo, Wolden, Thev00d00 or by others.
I got to search it better.
Francesco
Ride of Sabayon (Mania) penguins
Gnome is dead!
Gnome 2 forever!

Linux sabayon 4.8.0-sabayon #1 SMP Thu Dec 22 15:22:00 UTC 2016 x86_64 Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU M 350 @ 2.27GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux