Sabayon DVD/CD Covers

Discuss all artwork and development - Suggestions needed

Moderator: Moderators

Sabayon DVD/CD Covers

Postby olspookishmagus » Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:33

Greetings to the community of Sabayon Linux, especially to its regulars!

I am looking whether someone has created covers for Sabayon DVD's or CD's.

Thanks in advance.
olspookishmagus
Baby Hen

Re: Sabayon DVD/CD Covers

Postby WarraWarra » Thu Sep 13, 2007 18:07

There should be here in art + development or there was not sure.

Think they are the nice gold/yellow/orange and red penguin foot thingy + gold and red name as well.

Might try the search top right side of this page or the advanced search this should find it for you.
WarraWarra
Sagely Hen

What keywords would you use searching for Sabayon DVD/CD Cov

Postby olspookishmagus » Fri Sep 14, 2007 14:51

Before I made that initial post I tried using the search engine, which unfortunately lacks the option of a phrase search; as in two or more word with distinct order. Or even you can't force the search results come up with the posts (not entire threads) that contain all of the words. Some examples of keyword combinations I've tried, without getting to the desired result, are:

sabayon +dvd +cover
sabayon +cover (in topic title only)

Well, if there are more information you could give me, please do so.

However I've found the Sabayon logos since then, which can be found at:
http://www.sabayonlinux.org/sabayon/logo/

These would help one if wanted to make a CD/DVD cover but I feel there must be some ready CD/DVD covers for Sabayon.
Someone else also mentioned that there should be covers for Sabayon, but I can't see whether he's been answered.

Also there is a slight chance that Sabayon might hold back it's official covers, just like OpenBSD does to reward those who are buying their media (CD's or DVD's) but that is not likely to happen since Sabayon is not selling it's media.

Please note that another term of what I am looking for could be CD label.
olspookishmagus
Baby Hen

Re: Sabayon DVD/CD Covers

Postby WarraWarra » Fri Sep 14, 2007 18:10

Ours uses "cd covers" the + is not needed to search more than one word / phrase.

Search results = nothing found under that / similar wording we will have to make a page just for artwork same as screenshots page.

warrawarra:
Another non SL problem in general searches is the word that one would use in USA english is totally different from UK english generally used word for something and caused me not to find stuff several times on the internet as only the one language wording was used. Truck = lori / lory / baki / pickup / some funny name in usa and differs from town to town / statet to state etc for a small personal big product moving vehicle. Same with world for me it means planet earth , here it means in general persons that never left a town = that town is their world and the next state / provice / canton does not exsist to them or only 3 states / provinces /cantons they have been to is their world.

Back to question:
Most of these I found has other topic labels and the original yellow / gold + red penguin foot is not here weard. I am sure I saw a gold and red dvd logo sry.

What I did find that can work for now or be moded cd box covers or actual cd/dvd disc lightscribe type on cd images maybe use the ones below.
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=6494
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=10075
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=7870
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=9230
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=8815
WarraWarra
Sagely Hen

Return to Artwork and Development Suggestions