Issues Related to Networking (Wired and Wireless)
I have a dualboot Averatec 2370 notebook. Using distro SL 3.4
I am able to connect wireless (WEP security) without having had any problem (this instance made me opt for Sabayon). KNetWorkManager sees the wireless network with a good signal.
I decided to do the following:
- Connect my notebook first by wire. The wireless switch is off.
- Disconnect the notebook from the cable, turn on the wireless switch and use KNetWorkManager to get back on line.
- KNetworkmanager does not see any wireless signal.
- Go to: Connect to Other Wireless Network - I typed in the necessary info to get online (this is the same info which allows me to be wireless).
- Results: Unable to connect. The KNetworkManager window pops up - I did set the correct parameters but no connection...
What I expect is that if I switch from wired to wireless I should be able without rebooting the system to get back online.
I am not completely new to Linux but I do not have extensive knowledge in Linux wireless networking. I read from several web sites but no one addresses the above issue.
Your feedback is very welcome!
- Baby Hen
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 22:05
Return to Networking and Wireless
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest