Yep, because Gentoo/Sabayon is all based on compiling source code it's alot more complicated than Ubuntu. However, if you get to grips with it, and it takes a while, you find your knowledge on Linux becomes ever so more advanced. After 6 months with Sabayon, you'll find your self with enough knowledge to take on most Linux distros out there. It is a steep learning curve but there are plenty of people here to help you out if you're willing to learn
I've only been here about 6 months. Was using Mepis 6 before but since using Sabayon, I've never looked back
Have a quick read of this link http://www.sabayonlinux.org/forum/viewt ... ght=aptget
I explained to someone before about the differences between portage and apt-get. It's worth a look. It's not too long. The Gentoo forums are always a good place to look as most things there apply here too.
Right, back to business: (open up a konsole and type "su" followed by root password) Don't enter any of the double quotes in any of the following steps and perform each step in a root konsole.
1) First of you got to type the command "layman -S && emerge --sync". This will update the portage tree. I bit like doing an apt-get update.
2) I'll have a quick look and report back about the webcam.
3) About the Nvidia graphics card. What resolution are you supposed to be getting and what are you stuck with?
4) What make is your monitor and what is the maximum resolution and refresh rate?
5) With the sound card. I'm not sure if you can configure it by typing in "alsaconf" ?
6) Can you post the contents of your current /etc/X11/xorg.conf file.
7) Can you post the output of the command "lspci". This will list most of the hardware you got. The command "lsusb" might be useful also as it lists all the usb devices you got.
To install Cedega just type "emerge cedega". If you've updated your portage tree like in step 1 it should install Cedega version 6.
All the best