SL 10 XFCE 64bit
same issue here, but it looks like we are not alone.
An arcane issue, but fixable.
uninstall libreoffice completely.
(As your user, not root)
download the source code from http://www.libreoffice.org/download/?ty ... sion=4.0.2
get all first three packages (main + dictionaries + help)
extract the directories into a place on your home folder
(in my case it was
and then put dictionaries and help into this root:
I ran this as root - I should not have, but it was 3am and no pizza
(...I discovered the without-junit later on, but you should be able to
start with that...)
as Autogen finds missing dependencies,
(mostly stuff like automake and autoconf [and ¨gstplugins gnome-vfs¨ !?!] )
You can use Rigo to grab all these things, but be sure be sure to
use the autoconf (and other) wrappers so you can have multiple versions
(rather blurry now, 12hours later, but I seem to recall needing at least
two different aclocal versions, probably my fault)
After it finally gets past the last exceptions you run
(!!! - it needs a _decent_ internet connection for more downloads ! you have been warned !)
and then hopefully
(not me, I still had housekeeping to do, something to do with spellcheckerselection.txt)
but after all that and generous quantities of fresh coffee it all works.
This is just a hack workaround,
but posted in case someone else (unlikely) needs video in the libreoffice products.