Yeah, I'll answer you soon. I have to write an exam the day after tomorrow. So the output I asked you for was merely for other supporters to check and compare with the link in the same post. I'm sorry, that I cannot help you immediately
I tried the NetworkManager restart, but that seemed to make no difference.
The wireless icon says connected, and this is the info it provided :
Type - Wireless 802.11 Connection status - Connected IP Address - 192.168.2.110 Connection speed - 65 MBits/sec Sys name - wlp3s0 MAC address - B8:03:05:1A:D9:A2 Driver - iwlwifi Access point SSID - linksys Band - b/g Channel - 1 (2412 MHz)
received 68.36 KiB transmitted 152.34 KiB
I tried to load a page in the browser, which resulted in the above received / transmitted numbers. The router strength listed on the scan is 100%, but shows only the b/g portion of the router and not the n portion.
Are there any specific DNS settings that I need to put in - I am wondering if that is part of the problem (does not address the n router portion, but could at least be a start....). The ethernet connection just worked 'out of the box' but this is apparently a bit more complex.