Probably the ugliest, may be amaturish, but currently this is what I have to offer you as a twitter client. Not a professional level app, I just did this to learn different libs which we can use to connect with different REST apis offered by many websites. Twitter happens to be one popular website which offers good REST api. Some features,
1. Written in C (with glib, libcurl, liboauth, glib-json, libreadline, libncurses and libpanelw)
2. Supports Twitter API v1.1 with OAuth.
3. Capable of updating status with picture.
4. Capable of updating profile background and profile image.
5. Capable of accessing Twitter's streaming API (except firehose)
This forum is the first place I'm posting about this app. I would like to get some feedback from experts and users of sabayon. If it is userful, then I can ask help from sabayon developers to add it in sabayon overlay. I don't have a ebuild right now and I don't know how to create one but very much interested to learn how to create one for tweetpts.