December 11th, 2006 - The Internet:
"Sabayon is an Italian dessert made with egg yolks, sugar, a sweet liquor (usually Marsala wine), and sometimes cream or whole eggs. It is a very light custard, which has been whipped to incorporate a large amount of air."
The World's first and fastest Gentoo Linux powered distribution now has made a new record, AIGLX and XGL support on a single, powerful and cutting edge LiveCD, thanks to Beryl, Emerald (and the Beryl Project team) and the full power of hardware accelerated GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap. We were the first to support XGL on a Live system, and now, we are yet again the first to support the future of the Desktop Linux platform. We are proud to provide you the best Linux experience.
SabayonLinux x86/x86-64 miniEdition, commonly called the "mini", is the CD release of the latest SabayonLinux x86/x86-64 DVD. The creation of this special version, has been made with an automatic script that shrinks down the whole chroot jail by removing every duplicated, useless or server-oriented package. The multimedia features of these special editions are kept intact. So, enjoy that beautiful piece of software on a single CD!
New features (F) and bug fixes (B) since SabayonLinux 3.20 (DVD)
- F: Linux kernel 18.104.22.168 with Intel Pro Wireless 3945 out of the box support
- F: Really improved and production-ready GPU automagical detection (updated sabayonlive-tools and gpu-configurator)
- F: OpenGL subsystem wrong autodetection/user errors detector (will greatly improve the number of NVIDIA/ATI supported cards)
- F: New HAL 0.5.8.1, supports full NTFS read/write out-of-the-box through FUSE and in general much more powerful
- F: NVIDIA drivers 9631 (fixes bug on GeForce3/4 video cards)
- F: ATI drivers 8.31.5
- F: KOffice 1.6.1
- B: Fixed nohdparm boot option (now it works but it's deprecated in favour of gentoo=nohdparm)
- B: Really improved NetworkManager, stabler, faster, better
- B: Fixed installation from USB CD/DVD media
- This distribution contains libdvdcss read this if you live in the U.S. !.
- This distribution contains proprietary and non-GPL softwares too (Examples: NVIDIA, ATI, Google, etc). Before running them, be sure to read their license and agree with that, otherwise, just remove those applications. To run SabayonLinux without Proprietary drivers, just use "noproprietary" boot flag.
- Reiser4 is no more available, will be back with 2.6.20 kernel.
- Trademarks are property of their respective owners, everywhere.
Resources for SabayonLinux x86/x86-64 3.2 miniEdition:
- SabayonLinux x86 miniEdition 3.2 Torrent
- SabayonLinux x86-64 miniEdition 3.2 Torrent
- SabayonLinux x86 miniEdition 3.2 md5 checksum
- SabayonLinux x86-64 miniEdition 3.2 md5 checksum
- Kernel configuration - x86 3.2 miniEdition
- Kernel configuration - x86-64 3.2 miniEdition
- SabayonLinux x86 3.2 miniEdition Package list
- SabayonLinux x86-64 3.2 miniEdition Package list
- Extra documentation
- SabayonLinux x86/x86-64 3.2 miniEdition Screenshots
Upgrade Feature - Portage Snapshots
You need these Portage Snapshots to accomplish the Upgrade function when running miniEditions