The "Scrubbing killing 'tar'*2, being a Dutch l33t" release
May 15th, 2008 - The Internet:
codename Sunshine: and the Sun will shine soon
- Distribution features and changes since Loop2:
- This is a beta release.
- System improvements:
- Boot time takes from 15 to 25 seconds less, thanks to Gentoo OpenRC and Baselayout-2 combined to our boot optimizations. On modern hardware, Sabayon now boots in less than 30 seconds.
- Improved VirtualBox support (hardware autoconfiguration)
- System directories have been cleaned up, resulting in a slight speed improvement
- Fixed a lot of keyboard mapping issues
- A lot of updated applications and bug fixes (see the package list below)
- Entropy Binary Package Managing infrastructure 0.14.16.1 (our pre-Release_Candidate binary package manager):
- Sabayon Linux Online Repository Browser at ~7000 packages per architecture
Sabayon Linux 3.5 Loop2 shipped with Entropy 0.12.x, here are the improvements since then:
- Entropy 0.14.x branch highlights
- Entropy 0.13.x branch highlights (1)
- Entropy 0.13.x branch highlights (2)
- Sabayon Linux Installer updates:
- Added the long discussed Custom Packages Selector, customize your installation has never been so easy
- Fake Raid (dmraid) support implemented
- EeePC install mode got a lot of bug fixes
- Core install mode got a lot of bug fixes
- Improved Entropy interaction speed by a 50%
- Thus, improved upgrades speed too
- Linux Kernel 18.104.22.168 featuring:
- Improved Wireless and Laptop support
- Extra ATL2, at76, ath5k (w/PCI-X support) and e1000 on Intel ICH9 network drivers
- EeePC support with performance patches
- Ext4, UnionFS 2.3.3 and AUFS filesystem support
- X.Org 7.3 featuring
- NVIDIA: 173.08, 96.43.05 and 71.86.04 - automatic selection - 3D desktop fully supported
- AMD/ATI: 8.476 - 3D desktop fully supported
- Enhanced Desktop, featuring:
- Compiz 0.7.4
- Compiz Fusion 0.7.4 supporting GNOME, KDE, a lot of plugins already included
- Fusion Icon, to enable/disable 3D effects on the fly!
- Gaming! Sauerbraten, Nexuiz, Second Life! included as top-tier 3D games!
- GeeXboX 1.1 to transform your PC into a full Media Center
- K Desktop Environment 3.5.9 featuring KDE4 games
- Full KDE 4.0.3 available in our Entropy repository!
- GNOME 2.22.0
- XFCE 4.4.2
- OpenOffice 2.4.0
- Elisa Media Center 0.3.4
- Wine 1.0 RC1
- Known issues:
- NVIDIA 173.08 beta drivers can cause slow 2D performance on some cards, you can just revert to 169.12 by running equo install ~x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers-169.12.
- Ath5k wireless driver doesn't support EeePC yet, please use ndiswrapper.
- What you can expect from 3.5 final:
- Spritz Package Manager and the Updates Notification Applet to be fully functional and usable.
- Community Repositories Support (like Portage overlays but for Entropy)
- More speed improvements (System, Boot, Entropy)
- Improved hardware support
- More supported languages (Entropy itself and its packages)
- The usual set of bug fixes and updated applications
- Resources for Sabayon Linux 3.5 Loop 3:
- SabayonLinux x86 3.5 Loop 3 Torrent download #0
- SabayonLinux x86-64 3.5 Loop 3 Torrent download #0
- SabayonLinux x86 3.5 Loop 3 Torrent download #1
- SabayonLinux x86-64 3.5 Loop 3 Torrent download #1
- SabayonLinux x86 3.5 Loop 3 Torrent download #2
- SabayonLinux x86-64 3.5 Loop 3 Torrent download #2
- Official Mirrors Page
- Sabayon Linux x86 3.5 Loop 3 MD5SUM
- Sabayon Linux x86_64 3.5 Loop 3 MD5SUM
- Sabayon Linux x86 3.5 Loop 3 Linux kernel configuration
- Sabayon Linux x86-64 3.5 Loop 3 Linux kernel configuration
- SabayonLinux x86 3.5 Loop 3 Package list
- SabayonLinux x86-64 3.5 Loop 3 Package list
- Extra documentation
PLEASE - GIVE BACK A DONATION TO US
- PayPal Donation Page
##### If you would like to support our Project, please consider to download or purchase a DVD from here:
- The Linux Store recommended
- Linux CD Shop
- Linux CD Mall
ISO - Torrents (Preferred way):
- Important Notes:
- This distribution contains libdvdcss look here if you live in the U.S. !.
- This distribution contains proprietary and non-GPL softwares too (like from NVIDIA, ATI, Google, etc). Before running them, be sure to read their license and agree with that, otherwise, just remove those applications. To run SabayonLinux without Proprietary drivers, just use "noproprietary" boot flag.
- When you exit Sauerbraten or Nexuiz your Computer will shut down automatically.
- Trademarks are property of their respective owners, everywhere.