Did you get this working?
I just downloaded JBidwatcher 1.0.2 from here
to my desktop.
I opened up a konsole and just typed:
java -jar JBidWatcher-1.0.2.jar
and it just worked.
There is a couple of things to check:
1) The file that you download is a 32-bit binary file so you need to make sure that you are running it with a 32-bit version of java.
2) Check that you have got the latest version of java 1.6u3 by opening up a konsole and typing:
su (Enter root password)
This will update to the latest 32-bit version of java.
3) Open up a normal konsole and type java-config -L
. For Example, mine says the following:
dave@sabayonx86-64 ~ $ java-config -L
The following VMs are available for generation-2:
1) Blackdown JDK 1.4.2.03 [blackdown-jdk-1.4.2]
*) Sun 32bit JRE 1.6.0.03 [emul-linux-x86-java-1.6]
3) Sun JDK 1.6.0.03 [sun-jdk-1.6]
dave@sabayonx86-64 ~ $
indicates the current default java in use. If the *
isn't besides Sun 32bit JRE 1.6.0.03 [emul-linux-x86-java-1.6]
like it is on mine then you just need to enter java-config -s 2
(where the number 2 indicates which line you want to choose, from the previous output.)
4) After you've done this the you should be able to open up a konsole and type cd
to the directory that you downloaded JBidWatcher-1.0.2.jar to and then type java -jar JBidWatcher-1.0.2.jar
With mine i didn't even need to change the JBidWatcher-1.0.2.jar file to an executable for it to run.
Hope this helps
All the best