Issues Related to Hardware (Sound, Video, Printers, Scanners, Webcams, Touchpads, Keyboards, Sensors, Drives, GRUB, etc.)
I have 2 computers, on both I have installed Sabayon 3.3. Both have an external serial modem which is the only way I can connect them to the internet. In both cases, when I try to connect with kppp I have the same result.
I connect to the internet, but as soon as I try to actually transfer any data, get email, so forth, the connection is lost.
Both modems work fine under windows. Both modems have worked fine under Gentoo. The kppp configuration is exactly he same as the config that works with Gentoo.
- Simple Hen
- Posts: 53
- Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 0:19
- Location: Fort Collins, Colorado
Check the logs:
- tail -f /var/log/messages
- Run kppp from the command line so you could hopefully see some debugging messages
- Baby Hen
- Posts: 15
- Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:17
Return to Hardware
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Honeyman and 3 guests