I have written notes when several months ago was my wireless card configured.Network controller: Broadcom Corporation BCM4312 802.11b/g (rev 01)
I blacklisted ssb and b43 in /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf. After that I installed broadcom-sta. This time installation failed
- Code: Select all
localhost etc # equo install broadcom-sta
>> :: (1/1) >>> 1 package
>> ## Kontrolný súčet balíčka sa zhoduje: net-wireless:broadcom-sta-184.108.40.206-r1#2.6.39-sabayon~6.tbz2
>> ++ (1/1) >>> net-wireless/broadcom-sta-220.127.116.11-r1#2.6.39-sabayon
>> ## Rozbaľovanie balíčka: net-wireless:broadcom-sta-18.104.22.168-r1#2.6.39-sabayon~6.tbz2
>> ## SPM: pred-inštalačná fáza
* Package: net-wireless/broadcom-sta-22.214.171.124-r1
* Repository: gentoo
* USE: elibc_glibc kernel_linux userland_GNU x86
* FEATURES: preserve-libs sandbox
* Checking for suitable kernel configuration options...
* CONFIG_B43: should not be set. But it is.
* CONFIG_SSB: should not be set. But it is.
* CONFIG_MAC80211: should not be set. But it is.
* Please check to make sure these options are set correctly.
* Failure to do so may cause unexpected problems.
localhost etc # uname -a
Linux localhost 2.6.33-sabayon #1 SMP Tue Mar 2 20:35:55 UTC 2010 i686 Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T5870 @ 2.00GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux
What is wrong?
I noticed, that virtualbox modules are not loaded as well . I have upgraded kernel into 2.6.39 version and everything works fine.